• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon may sell OnePlus phones

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
It now looks like OnePlus are going the way of Samsung, et al, and following T-Mobile (USA) and Sprint, they are about to do a similar carrier model deal with Verizon (USA)...

Verizon may sell OnePlus phones next year, possibly the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

This will most likely be a single sim model as per the other 2 versions and will probably offer a carrier locked and ersatz version, of the global OnePlus' firmware with the usual carrier slow or no, updates.

Bottom line... "If you want the full, unfettered, OnePlus phone experience... pay the full price and get yourself the Global model." ;)

It now looks like OnePlus are going the way of Samsung, et al, and following T-Mobile (USA) and Sprint, they are about to do a similar carrier model deal with Verizon (USA)...

Verizon may sell OnePlus phones next year, possibly the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

This will most likely be a single sim model as per the other 2 versions and will probably offer a carrier locked and ersatz version, of the global OnePlus' firmware with the usual carrier slow or no, updates.

Bottom line... "If you want the full, unfettered, OnePlus phone experience... pay the full price and get yourself the Global model." ;)

Also bottom line :

Can you activate and use a global or international variant Oneplus with a US CDMA network carrier like Verizon?

AFAIK usually they're limited to phones that they supply and customise, like Moto Droid, or a select list of compatible BYOD.

Upvote 0
I believe you can use the 6T on Verizon right now, but nothing prior to that.

As long as the phone has the right bands you can use it. A lot of phones do now so getting the unlocked version is the way to go (haven't had a Verizon branded phone in since forever). I'm using the Essential PH-1 and have had zero issues.

Upvote 0
No problem, according to Will My Phone Work, on Verizon 2G & 4G/LTE on the Oneplus 6T onwards.

See screenshot...

7KkW2uMl.png

Upvote 0
How's the UI on the OnePlus? I like vanilla Android, a lot. Is it that much different (like Samsung)?
The global model's OnePlus UI is pretty darn close to stock Android. Much more so than, say, Samsung or even EMUI. So close is it, that OnePlus have been known to issue global updates on a par with Google or within a few days. The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant is still in the Dark Ages. ;)

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones