1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Moto E Bootloaded

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustinbro, Aug 16, 2015.

1. dustinbro

dustinbro Newbie

Hi peeps,
    I just tried to unlock the bootloader but the moto website says my device does not qualify?! What gives? Is it possible to root this device?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. starkraving

starkraving Android Expert

With Verizon (prepaid) they require 6 months of service prior to unlocking. At least that was the case with the Moto G.

dustinbro likes this.
  3. dustinbro

dustinbro Newbie

Huh weird. Well I will be waiting for stage fright root exploit I guess. Heard something about a universal root being around the corner

roadkill42 likes this.
  4. OakIris

OakIris Member

Same problem here with a Cricket Moto E 2015 - can't unlock the bootloader until the phone has been in service for 6 months and no one has yet figured out a way around that. Doesn't seem right that these carriers can maintain such control over the phones that we have purchased - no contract is subsidizing the cost of the phone on Cricket (or, presumably, prepaid Verizon either) so what is their excuse? :mad:

I really like this little phone, but there probably aren't enough users of it to make it worthwhile for the developers (thinking of the folks on XDA-Developers, too) to work on this unlocking problem.

Holly

Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) release date was February 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2390mAh battery.

February 2015
Release Date
Reviews