• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Need advice on ROMs/unrooting

I'm rooted and I really want to update my phone from 4.1.2. But, here's the issue: I want my phone to look COMPLETELY LIKE I had just bought it with Jelly Bean 4.3. I don't want any fancy custom ROMs, etc.

So, my choices are to unroot and go back to stock and get the OTA update(s) or to flash a custom ROM. BUT...I have NO IDEA which ROM will give me that complete stock look and feel. I don't care how "great" a custom ROM is or what awesome features it has. I love Touch Wiz and I want Jelly Bean 4.3!! :D:D:D

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I have a verizon note 2
Sch-i605
I605vruemj9
Kernel ver. 3.0.31
Build # jss15jI605vruemj9
Hardwar vee. I605.06

I have the zip file.. a nightly version. . I just am unsure how to install..wipe and boot etc.... I have titanium backup...xposed installer and rom toolbox pro and es file explorer..fyi.
Any help is much appreciated.
Dustin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones