1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Need help with signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Garrett67, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

EDIT: I'm on Verizon but I'm sure the process is the same.

I have a question/problem.

My signal is garbage at home AND at work. I use wifi at home to play with the phone but actual 3G signal is bad. I am lucky to get 2 bars but its generally 1 with speed tests of about 80kbps.

I don't have WIFI at work, and get no signal at all.

I still have a week to return the phone but I'd like to keep it if I can get a better signal.

I can follow directions, if someone can point me in the right direction in terms of updating the radio (and which is the best).
    Also, if it doesn't help, can I restore it in order to return the phone (if that is what I decide to do) ?

I rooted my Droid X but that was always an app that was one click . So, I am not experienced with all of the terms and such associated with Flashing, ROMS.. etc.

Thanks

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I moved your post into it's own thread in the GS3 VZW All Things Root forum. The reason is because if you try to flash Sprint radios onto a Verizon phone, you may end up bricking it. Hopefully the guys around here can point you out to any updated radios that have been released since the GS3 was released on Verizon.

And the process may not be the same until the bootloader is unlocked or is worked around. I'm not sure if it has, yet.

3. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

This thread can be deleted. I posted this already in the root thread.
    Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews