1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Need Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WormDoes, Dec 26, 2011.

1. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Long story short, I did a full wipe and realzixed I didn't have the ROM I wanted to flash on my SD. I booted, got a systemUI is not responding. tried to boot into recovery and it's gone. I'm stuck at a "Start" screen with a green Android and it says ODIN MODE in red in top right corner. How can I reflash CWM since I can't boot the phone? Thanks in advance. Gotta love tinkering ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Can you get to fastboot?

I think you should be able to get out of ODIN mode if you use the power button then try to get to fastboot manually. If you can then you should be able to use fastboot to either flash or softboot CWM. Then you should be able to boot in recovery and push a rom to your SD to flash or restore a backup.

WormDoes likes this.
  3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

How do I get to fastboot mode?

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

When power is off hold volume up and down then hold the power button until you get a vibrate, this takes you to the bootloader which is also fastboot mode

5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

That's what I thought, it just reboots when I do that

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Ok, I can't get into fastboot mode, but somehow CWM is working???? I'm restoring a backup now. I literally have no idea how this happened. I assume I'm fine since I'm flashing a ROM now. Weird!

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yes that is. I think it may go into odin mode if you do not hold volume up and down while trying to get to the bootloader. Glad it is working for you now!

8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yea, that's exactly what happened, didn't hold both volumes down, which took me to download mode. That was kind of scary, until I realized we have the stock image to fall back on ;)

Thanks for the quick reply. What ROM are you running, btw? This whole mess started because I wanted to flash Wookie, but it wasn't on my "SD". So that's what I'm running ATM

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I am still running stock actually. I keep meaning to flash a CM9 variant but have to get the time to do so been busy with all the holiday stuff

10. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I was on stock until today. Tried Gummy and Wookie. Not really impressed with either. Going to restore my stock backup or flash Doug Pistons 4.0.3 stock rooted ROM. Stock ICS is so nice, I don't mind running stock at all :D

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews