1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Need my friends help restoring pictures lost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SecondShot, Jan 28, 2012.

1. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

Ok, so I really need my friends help. I researched all i could and have come up empy-handed.

Here's the situation: I was looking at Google+ today and noticed it was uploading my photos. I don't like my photos or anything for that matter going anywhere I don't first choose. So, I deleted the pics, good thing was it only allowed me to delete 10 at a time. Bad news, it deleted from my phone too so I lost about 25 photos. These were important pics that I would love to have back.

I have not taken any pics and was ready to try a restore program, but none of the programs will recognize the drive on the Galaxy Nexus, it isn't a SD Card or USB drive, its MTP drive I guess as you all know.

I need help from the brightest people i know.

SS

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Android Enthusiast

this might not be helpful but it might be a start. on android phones with sd cards. you pop sd card into your computer, and use recuva or other program that lets you undelete files.

with the nexus, i couldn't figure out how to get the computer to read the phone sd partition as a DRIVE. if would just use MTP or camera mode. to get it as a drive you have to have it mount as USB storage.

huge disappointment. they didn't include real SD, and they didn't include USB storage support....on a "flagship" phone. *pissed*

3. SecondShot

Yup, I agree with the USB support. I tried Recuva and a couple of others but they don't recognize the internal storage of the phone correctly.

Maybe someone else has some ideas.

4. SecondShot

Yeahha, Wormy, Scotty where are ya??? Come to the rescue.

5. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I don't use Google+, but does it offer any kind of a trash bin or the like? Maybe the deleted pics got moved there. Otherwise, trying to get programs to see the Nexus while hooked to a pc is difficult at best.

6. mrichick

mrichick Member

Since you're posting in the root forum, would it be a safe assumption that you were rooted when this happened? With a forgotten nandroid backup tucked away somewhere maybe? Sorry if not, I feel your pain, that totally sucks.

Also maybe a long shot...in the last week I've heard several mentions of hexamob recovery from the market. I tried to test just now but got fc's and wouldn't open on mine, but may be worth a try

7. SecondShot

Thanks everyone. I will try the trashbin idea.

Also, I think nandroids backup all but SD Card which is where the pics were. I didn't want to fool with my memory until I was sure i was out of options. With will give that a shot today. Hexamob didn't give me FCs but didn't recognize my phone.

Might be worth contacting Samsung as a last resort.

SS

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews