1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] New Kernel help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sciplefirm, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Sciplefirm

Sciplefirm Newbie

I am running carbon 1.8 and flashed a new kernel this morning. I flashed BMS 3.4.55 but am not sure what to do now. The problem I was having and am trying to correct is that I got AutoGuard to have my camera run in the background while I am driving. However it drags my phone to a halt. I have tried several other similar apps and run into the same problem. Not sure about under/over clocking or other tweaks with the kernel

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I downloaded the app and tried it. I'm running a Note 3 (stock) which shouldn't be THAT much slower than your S3, and noticed no slowdown while I was recording. (That "your phone is getting slower" crap is just ad spam.) It could be your phone (run some benchmarks and compare them to what other people are getting), but overclocking isn't going to change "to a halt" into "a speeding bullet" - more like into "a dying snail". By the time you get it to "runs like a snail on its last legs", the CPU will have melted to about the consistency of warm coffee.

3. Sciplefirm

Sciplefirm Newbie

When the app is installed on my phone (not even running) it takes 10-15 seconds after I touch an app, press home or power before the phone begins to respond. As soon as I uninstall autoguard or the like, the phone immediately becomes responsive again.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews