1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] New Radio leak(CDMA/LTE Nexus)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Premium1, Dec 20, 2011.

1. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Good call.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Anyone want to package those 4.0.2 radios + bootloader into an update.zip? I'm on my work laptop and don't have the stuff installed to sign the .zip file, but I'd love to do some swapping back and forth to test.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

P.S. have I mentioned how much I f**king LOVE having a phone with an unlocked bootloader and manufacturer-supplied factory images?

RazorSharp likes this.
  4. what29

what29 Android Enthusiast

I have installed the new radios and for some reason now have no data when wifi is off. I can make calls but no data at all. I have verified the newest radio did install but nothing. i even went back and restored to my Nandroid back up but the new radio still show up and even after full wipe then restore i have no data. was looking for the orig radios to flash or help getting these to work if anyone can help Thanx

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

I'm Airmaxx23 and I support this message...:D

6. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

See post #32 of this thread. You can't nandroid back a radio.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Nevermind, I did it myself.

Here's the packaged zip for the 4.0.2 radios. I just tested it and it works but I take no responsibility for screwing up your phone and I highly recommend you do not flash this unless you know how to use fastboot to write the factory radios back to your phone.

Attached Files:

8. what29

Thanx, flashing these now, hopefully this resolves my problem.....will update in a few

YES, that worked great...still not sure why the new radios didnt work...again voice worked but not 3g data, i have not 4g in my area to test.
    Thanx again, that sucked for a few mintues

9. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

I had to go into the data settings and toggle data on/off to get it to connect.

10. what29

I didnt do that exactly but i did switch to airplane mode and back a couple times but it just would never connect. it seems to be working now though after flashing back the old radios...will keep playing around..thats the reason i love the nexus phones...completely open

11. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member

yeah, didn't it seem like the network went down before right after testers got these radios with the 4.1 update? Hmmm :)

12. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Your right you can't nandroid back to a prior Radio. The point i was trying to make with doing a backup before doing any modding is this.

Scenario 1. You don't make a nandroid before flashing this new radio. Everything goes well but for whatever reason you want to go back to the old radio until the official one comes out. So you flash the old radio and during that something goes awry ...so you end up having to do a factory reset or restoring to a prior backup that you made a month ago.

Scenario2. You make a nandroid backup before flashing this radio. The rests is the same as above except when you do a factory reset you restore to the backup you made an hour ago or yesterday or whenever it was that you made the backup prior to flashing this radio. Now you are back to where you were before flashing the radio ...settings apps all that.

13. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I wonder trophy if doing a factory reset also wipes out your nandroid backups? It didn't with an sdcard, but what about now? If you copied the backup to your computer you'd be good to go, but how many do that? But I'm not sure if my theory is correct.

14. ez12a

ez12a Member

Sometimes i think people are just simply too eager to test out untested software. This is one of those examples. Just wait for the official release for something so low level.

15. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

So you just "Install zip from SD Card" in CWM and this will put the old radios back on and the older bootloader back on? So that it's like you never flashed the leaked radios/bootloader?

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yessir!

17. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!

18. what29

Uhm, no, it appears to be linked to the Verizon data outage...I am in ohio which says it was an affected area.. Data appears to be back now and i will reflash the new radio and report back...
    Verizon’s Data Network Suffering (Another) Nationwide Outage | TechCrunch

19. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

This leak did absolutely nothing for me.
    No change in performance or signal levels.

Unknown as yet if handovers are improved but I will find out shortly.

20. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

We like to tinker, installing the newest leaks is half the fun of owning an open device.

21. ez12a

ez12a Member

understood. I'd love to flash cutting edge stuff to my gnex but unfortunately I use it for work. Cant be with a phone that might have potential glitches.

22. what29

23. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

lol funny you mention that. I was in convo with another guide on here last night about that. I don't fully understand it yet and i'm trying to wrap my brain around it actually. I need to do some reading in the Nexus S forums.

24. Nightfall

Nightfall Well-Known Member

I am also going to hold off. I have no signal strength issues right now. I will look into this more as more people try the new radio and we get more results.

25. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

That being said, what I did (had to return the phone for another, some hardware issue) was do a backup in cwr, save it to the comp, rerooted, installed recovery, copied nandroid to phone and restored. Worked great. I would nandroid and copy that when I flash a new rom in the coming days. I'm afraid that a factory reset will wipe everything out, music and pictures included.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews