• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] New Radio leak(CDMA/LTE Nexus)

If those preliminary results are accurate, the 4.0.3 update (assuming it includes this radio update) will be a great improvement for people with signal issues!

it seems like a pretty good start if anything. Hopefully it will be rolling out soon for those with issues and help increase the signal strength for everyone, not to mention this should help with battery life also.

Reactions: JoJoCal19
Upvote 0
Im assuming that I can flash the CWM recovery image in my adb folder, install the zip, then reboot. Or do I need to permanently flash CWM?

You should be able to softboot CWM and flash the radios that way yes, just like if you rooted by softbooting CWM so you keep the original recovery.

Thanks. Is there a way to backup the current radio? I'm coming from the Inc so flashing radios seems to be different from what I'm used to ( didn't flash them from CWM )...

I don't think so but the stock radios can be download I don't have a link currently but could find one for you if you need me to.

Reactions: mwsmith
Upvote 0
This is sitting in my basement right now, ping not so good but best I've seen so far on the old radio was 1.9..

Screenshot_2011-12-20-21-50-35.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones