1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Newbie: Can I root, delete bloatware, then unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cwsanfor, Jun 29, 2013.

1. cwsanfor

cwsanfor Newbie

I have not rooted before, and am content to be stock except that I would like to (1) Install Cerberus as a system app, and (2) maybe remove the NFL and other bloatware apps. However, neither of these things are important enough to me to forgo OTA updates or manually maintain a custom ROM.

Is it possible to root, do 1 and 2, then unroot, and continue to use OTA upgrades and so forth? If this is possible, can anyone outline the procedure or even point me to a step-by-step set of instructions? This is a new Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605, Android version 4.1.2, Build number JZO54K.I605VRAMC3, hARDWARE VERSION I605.06.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. That Afro Guy

That Afro Guy Newbie

Look into the application Triangle Away. It allows you to temporarily unroot, to receive carrier updates, and even re root, with a push of a button!

3. LeoRexus

LeoRexus Member

Once you start messing with system apps, OTA updates may fail anyhow...

Look into backup plans. There are ways to back up your data so you can revert to stock, take an OTA, then lay your data back down on top.

4. cwsanfor

cwsanfor Newbie

Hmm. Reading what chainfire has to say about Samsung/Verizon's increasingly medieval policies on rooting, I think I can forgo removing the bloatware, However, I would love to run Cerberus as a system app and add an APN to (possibly) help using a European SIM card on vacation.

Forgetting the bloatware, is there a simple way to do the other stuff without staying rooted, and would not likely be detected by the Phone Cops?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews