• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Anyone still holding out for the HTC DNA 5" phone?
More and more pictures are out as well as specifications.
I'm not sure if I can live with a 2050 Mah fixed battery.
I can live with a 5" and smaller device though.
I played with the SPen and not sure I'd use it daily, but I would use it.
Split screen will be great.
If last years Note 1 got JB, then my hopes for Sammy hooking us up with the next couple updates are a bit higher.
I want the highest performing device I can get to make it last 2 years, but the Note 2 seems to be a smoking hot performer right now even though the DNA is going to be faster.

Upvote 0
For one I HATE LEBRON WITH A BURNING PASSION! If he was dying all I'd do is call for help and walk away. His commercial isn't the only one Verizon has been running.

He must have ran it as debit because he showed me the statement that the money was already withdrawn from his account. I wanna start a countdown but too many days away lol.

Upvote 0
I haven't, but suspect that 2mm narrower Note 2 might not be noticeable unless you do hold the two at the same time. I'd like to see the screens side by side with the same image on both.

I saw the original VZW and T-Mobile Note. It was HUGE compared to the Note 2. The extra narrowness they slimmed up the Note 2 makes a HUGE different. It's a little taller and a LITTLE wider than my Galaxy Nexus.

Upvote 0
I immediately knew I was getting the Note 2 so never gave another phone a 2nd look. Battery was another huge factor and at 2050 mAh that's not much more than my S2. As far as the S-Pen, I haven't put it down but then again, this is natural for me since I'm a stylus girl of the late 90's....up until phone screens changed to capacitive.

If last years Note 1 got JB, then my hopes for Sammy hooking us up with the next couple updates are a bit higher.
I want the highest performing device I can get to make it last 2 years, but the Note 2 seems to be a smoking hot performer right now even though the DNA is going to be faster.

Upvote 0
I immediately knew I was getting the Note 2 so never gave another phone a 2nd look. Battery was another huge factor and at 2050 mAh that's not much more than my S2. As far as the S-Pen, I haven't put it down but then again, this is natural for me since I'm a stylus girl of the late 90's....up until phone screens changed to capacitive.

DNA...non removable battery and no MicroSD. Lamers. No one needs 1080p on a cellphone screen anyways

Upvote 0
Someone on another forum said a Verizon person in store said they will have Note2 available in store 8th!!! Which would mean our preorders would be shipping anyday now. I sure hope its true :)

Ehhh I'm skeptical. Got a link to that?

From what I understand (and multiple salespeople have corroborated this) the sales people know nothing until the last minute. Most of them didn't even know about the Note 2 when I went in on "preorder day" to see if I could in store.

Upvote 0

The DNA is rumored to have a 2500mah battery (bigger than its Japanese counterpart.) I know I'll at least head down to Verizon to check it out, but that screen would really have to blow me away and make my lunch to make me give up the bigger screen and the s pen.

Upvote 0
Someone on another forum said a Verizon person in store said they will have Note2 available in store 8th!!! Which would mean our preorders would be shipping anyday now. I sure hope its true :)

I doubt this is correct. If it were, everyone that preordered would get theirs on the 6th. Since when you preorder you will get it the same day it's in stores. Hence, the in-store date is targeted for the 29th, and the pre-orders will ship on the 27th.

Trust me, everyone wants it to be true for the 8th! but no point in false hope.

Upvote 0
I doubt this is correct. If it were, everyone that preordered would get theirs on the 6th. Since when you preorder you will get it the same day it's in stores. Hence, the in-store date is targeted for the 29th, and the pre-orders will ship on the 27th.

Trust me, everyone wants it to be true for the 8th! but no point in false hope.

Not only that but these type of post just bug me to no end. How does the entire blogosphere NOT know this but someone out of the blue posting on a forum does.

All they succeed in doing is getting people MORE hyped for nothing. Guess that's the equivalent of 15 min of fame.

Upvote 0
Not only that but these type of post just bug me to no end. How does the entire blogosphere NOT know this but someone out of the blue posting on a forum does.

All they succeed in doing is getting people MORE hyped for nothing. Guess that's the equivalent of 15 min of fame.

Most of the forums are posts going by what someone heard from another.

If I heard from a Verizon person what they did I would post it also. Why wouldn't you????

Upvote 0
Doesn't help at all! The only justification on why we are waiting was that we are getting that famed multi window when other were not. Now that Sprint has it today, what is VZW's excuse? I certainly isn't to make sure it's phone has this feature before anyone else. Apparently it's easy to add via OTA. SO, why didn't VZW sell the phone like everyone else? Waiting for VZW to add multi window is a BS excuse.

Upvote 0
uva4avet.jpg

Best phone I've ever had! Got it today from T-Mobile :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones