• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Thank you!!! :D

Any more cases due in before the phones arrival and what are you going to do about cases afterwards? But some more?

Are you up for being a consuelor? Haha I actually have a few more coming... It should be here around the same time as the phone or maybe earlier. It's the mercury slim cases, the reviews I heard for the case said they are good. Nice snug fit so I'm excited :) I'm a hoarder of cases in ever different color!

Upvote 0
Are you up for being a consuelor? Haha I actually have a few more coming... It should be here around the same time as the phone or maybe earlier. It's the mercury slim cases, the reviews I heard for the case said they are good. Nice snug fit so I'm excited :) I'm a hoarder of cases in ever different color!

I hope you're ready for all the reviews you're gonna have to post once you get your phone. :D

Upvote 0
Lol morpeee. My gf was an android convert ever since our galaxy nexii last year. She loves her phone but I kinda wish it was a more solid model for her to have started on. Stock experience is great but the radios on VZW blow on our phones.

For the biggest company in us, and they cant get their radios to work semi descent, except in phones they totally have control over, seems to be some ....:rolleyes:

The newest siii radio they shoved on us (4 of us that I know have siii) and we all now have dropped calls and call's that don't do thru now in semi weak areas, that only used to be weak areas, I have now switched my siii radio and to an older leak and it seems back to where it was.

Upvote 0
For the biggest company in us, and they cant get their radios to work semi descent, except in phones they totally have control over, seems to be some ....:rolleyes:

The newest siii radio they shoved on us (4 of us that I know have siii) and we all now have dropped calls and call's that don't do thru now in semi weak areas, that only used to be weak areas, I have now switched my siii radio and to an older leak and it seems back to where it was.

I sure hope the GN2 is better. I returned my S3 for sucky radios.

Upvote 0
I got one of my cases today and was so excited to put it on my note. I then realized I still have no phone :(
I just got my Sidio surface case with holster yesterday.
At least it has a cardboard cutout of a phone, but not as much fun as the real thing. :)

The good news is that the case feels very comfortable when attached to my belt. I was afraid that it would feel too bulky. So now just a few more days and I should have a real phone to play with.

Upvote 0
I just got my Sidio surface case with holster yesterday.
At least it has a cardboard cutout of a phone, but not as much as the real thing. :)

The good news is that the case feels very comfortable when attached to my belt. I was afraid that it would feel too bulky. So now just a few more days and I should have a real phone to play with.

I say walk around with the cardboard for now lol

Upvote 0
Here's the deal - not a huge HTC fan (had the TBolt - and was the primary reason I got the SIII).

Between the 2 manufactures - IMHO - there is no comparison in build quality - HTC wins by a landslide. I'm actually really enjoying the SGIII - except (I can live with the build quality) is that the radio quality isn't up to what I really need (it pretty much is all over the place at work).

There's no question - the lack of expandable memory, and no replacement battery are 2 strikes against the DNA. I've seen a couple reviews (one here) that are very positive about the radios in Philly) where I work.

Does anyone know how the radios in the Note 2 stack up compared to the S3??

TIA!

Upvote 0
Here's the deal - not a huge HTC fan (had the TBolt - and was the primary reason I got the SIII).

Between the 2 manufactures - IMHO - there is no comparison in build quality - HTC wins by a landslide. I'm actually really enjoying the SGIII - except (I can live with the build quality) is that the radio quality isn't up to what I really need (it pretty much is all over the place at work).

There's no question - the lack of expandable memory, and no replacement battery are 2 strikes against the DNA. I've seen a couple reviews (one here) that are very positive about the radios in Philly) where I work.

TIA!

If your talking Verizon, we need to wait for release, cause Verizon radios seem to suck the most, most likely due to the fact that Verizon spends more time locking and branding these Samsung than trying to make perfect radios, maybe some is Samsung but Verizon is the biggest blame.

Upvote 0

TIA!

I live in Philly so I can tell you, don't look for LTE to kick in. We don't have it. As far as calls, I think the radio is great.
Data on the other hand is a joke.

Every once in a while I'm able to surf with speeds just a tad faster than dial-up but that only happens once in a blue moon.
I'm trying to hang in there waiting for LTE.

Upvote 0
So disgusted with VZ for making their many loyal customers wait an entire month for the release of this phone. This stunt actually caused them to lose a customer. I was so ill with their act that I switched over to T-Mobile and ended up with a better deal. I was paying $105 per month for 450 mins/unlimited text/data/hotspot and that was after my corporate discount. I switched over to Tmobile and got unlimited everything with no data caps and wifi calling for $69/month. I did have to pay full price for my phone in order to get that plan but I was fine with that. I would have never known about TMobile plan had VZ not been playing games with the phone. Hopefully you guys get your phone soon...you will definitely have a lot of good times with it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones