• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

I've bought Sprint phones from authorized dealers and have taken them to Sprint corp for repair or replacement no questions asked. Are you saying you can't do that with Verizon?
I bought my S3 from a mall kiosk authorized Verizon dealer. I thought at the time it was a Verizon Corporate outlet because of the huge Verizon sign and the fact that they didn't carry anything that wasn't Verizon.

I had problems with it and took it to a Verizon store and was told that they couldn't help me or exchange the phone, that I would have to take it back to where I bought it from.

Unfortunately I was out of town at the time and had to wait until I returned home. Once I was home (and still in the 14 day return period) I was able to return the phone.

I'll never deal with an "Authorized Verizon Store" again.

Upvote 0
I'm following behind a FedEx truck should I stop and hijack him before I head home to see if he has my note hahaha! Tomorrow is gonna be the longest day of my life!

Hahaha! I had a visual. You're too funny. Don't go getting yourself locked up. You're at the home stretch. :p
If you do get locked up, call FedEx and have it rerouted to your cell. :)

Upvote 0
I've bought Sprint phones from authorized dealers and have taken them to Sprint corp for repair or replacement no questions asked. Are you saying you can't do that with Verizon?

You can buy a Verizon phone from any retailer and have a warranty replacement or tech service done to it at any Verizon store. It doesn't matter. If a phone is found to be defective within 14 days and you purchased it at an authorized retailer then they are the only ones who can exchange it.

Upvote 0
You can buy a Verizon phone from any retailer and have a warranty replacement or tech service done to it at any Verizon store. It doesn't matter. If a phone is found to be defective within 14 days and you purchased it at an authorized retailer then they are the only ones who can exchange it.
While that sounds contradictory, you are right.

The problem is having to deal with that specific Authorized Dealer during that critical 14 day period.

I travel a lot, and for this purchase I wanted the comfort of knowing that if there are any issues, I can deal with ANY Verizon Corporate store in any town I

Upvote 0
I'm trying to run the "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" on my AT&T Note 2 and when I try to log on to it from my laptop, it requires a network key. Is this an AT&T thing?

I seem to recall that I had to set up a wireless network in the app and then log into the network if I decided to password-protect it. Is that what you're referring to?

Upvote 0
I seem to recall that I had to set up a wireless network in the app and then log into the network if I decided to password-protect it. Is that what you're referring to?

Nope. It looks like this:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Basically buy from Verizon "corp" stores, and you can swap at any corp store in the 14 day, or get a CLN swap through their 800 number later if they so deem it necessary.

If I bought a printer at Staples, why would Best Buy allow me to return it?

Back on topic, I hope more people get them tonight, but tomorrow this forum should be very active!

One thing I found a tad deceptive was the signage on that Verizon mall kiosk. It had a huge Verizon sign and logo with tiny print saying that it was an authorized Verizon dealer. All the branding was the same as the official Verizon Corporate stores. I think that most people would think (like I did) that it WAS and actual Verizon Corporate store and not a 3rd party outlet.

The forum will either be very active or dead.
I'll be active until FedEx arrives...after that I'll be too busy playing with my new toy to bother with posting :D

Upvote 0
Maybe I should go put up another one that says, "Knock HARD! I have dogs, they're loud and I'm slow." Haha. Because sometimes I can't hear people when they knock unless the dogs bark. I swear, the delivery guys knock softly so they can run back to their truck as fast as possible.

Buttheads!

I'm glad to see its a FedEx thing and not just something my driver does. I've had to call FedEx customer service sooo many times its ridiculous. Its everytime a package needs a signature. I actually camped out last time waiting for him and he came to the door with the Doortag already filled out. Didn't even have the package with him!!! HE wasn't even going to try to deliver it. So I whipped open my front door and confronted him. He said he was afraid of my dog. I have a Teacup Yorkie!!!! He's just a lazy SOB because if a package doesn't require a signature its on my front porch when i open the door. He still doesn't try to hand it to me but its there. Then one time he wrote I could pick it up after 7pm at the local sort facility. So I get there at 7:30pm and he's still not back. I waited until 8:30pm and finally went home. I HATE FEDEX!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
I prefer all my shipments to come via UPS. I know I'll have it by 10:30 am and not have to spend my day running to the door for every sound I *think* I hear.

About a few wks ago my son was waiting for FedEx to deliver a PS3.
Thurs. they didn't show up.
Fri they didn't show up but somehow had mysteriously came and "no one home to accept delivery."
Sat. same thing but later discovered they went north instead of south.

Thankfully for my son no one was at the wrong address to take the package.
Mon they were closed (holiday).
He didn't receive his shipment until 7:30 pm Tues. night and that's only b/c I was able to get them to reroute the shipment to my house since my son's driver was having such a difficult time making this delivery happen.
Don't have those issues with the driver who comes to my neighborhood.

There's no excuse a 2 day delivery took 5 days.

Upvote 0
Lynnwood, Washington.
Yesterday the Verizon store said the SGN2 will be available in their store on Thurssday 11-29-12, tomorrow. They open at 10, PST.
Today 2 hours ago, a Best Buy fellow said they have inventory of the SGN2, in stock in white only, but not available for purchase until tomorrow, Thursday 11-29-12.
One way or another, I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off.

Upvote 0
I'm glad to see its a FedEx thing and not just something my driver does. I've had to call FedEx customer service sooo many times its ridiculous. Its everytime a package needs a signature. I actually camped out last time waiting for him and he came to the door with the Doortag already filled out. Didn't even have the package with him!!! HE wasn't even going to try to deliver it. So I whipped open my front door and confronted him. He said he was afraid of my dog. I have a Teacup Yorkie!!!! He's just a lazy SOB because if a package doesn't require a signature its on my front porch when i open the door. He still doesn't try to hand it to me but its there. Then one time he wrote I could pick it up after 7pm at the local sort facility. So I get there at 7:30pm and he's still not back. I waited until 8:30pm and finally went home. I HATE FEDEX!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Yep, this is my basic experience with residential delivery. They almost never even bring the package to the door. It's amazing.

I mean, UPS does, every time. I even know my UPS driver at this point (he comes by A LOT considering my Amazon Prime account haha), my dog accidentally jumped into his truck once to hitch a ride lol.

If I can CHOOSE my carrier, it's UPS only. They're straight up, deliver at the same time every time and they don't screw around. The guys I've had deliver my stuff over the years are always nice and courteous. The FedEx residential guys are buttheads, they're never pleasant. It's so weird.

My husband says it's a generally acknowledged problem with FedEx. It's not just us, it's the way they seem to run that company. Poorly.

----

Oh and come to think of it. My husband used to live in an apartment with his mom when we were teenagers and his FedEx guy ran door to door, I mean running his ass off with packages. I think if they're fast at delivering stuff, maybe they get some kind of bonus stuff. Crazy people. What happens if he trips on the sidewalk and it's fragile? Oh, wasn't him who broke that vase. :p

Upvote 0
:(

I was semi-joking - Well the good news is you only have to wait until tomorrow.

:smokingsomb:

Why? Didn't the sale already go thru? I'd be running out the store with it if it's already paid for.

So I signed the contract, sign the agreement, as I wrote that I was getting the phone I actually lost connection meaning the new phone was connected so he was able to put my on their Wifi while he completed the sale.

He proceeds to ring me up and then I get the "uh oh" look. He tells me it doesnt release until tomorrow and starts backing it out. He had to call Verizon to insure my upgrade was restored and connection back.

I knew it was to good to be true, but i had to try for my follow wait-in-liners. The good news is, is because of the "hassle" i can now get a free accessory and 75% off any two others. To me that is worth my time and although it wasnt a hassle to try I sure will call it one for the deals.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones