• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Hi all,
Been following this thread for awhile now and finally picked up my white gn2 this morning at the local Verizon store. Been an iPhone user since the first one so this will be quite a change however I am looking forward to it. I wish I could spend some more time with it today, but unfortunately/fortunately I have a round of golf to get to in an hour :D. Just want to thank the forum members on here for all the insightful resources and tips!
Hope everyone enjoys their new toy!
cheers

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Been following this thread for awhile now and finally picked up my white gn2 this morning at the local Verizon store. Been an iPhone user since the first one so this will be quite a change however I am looking forward to it. I wish I could spend some more time with it today, but unfortunately/fortunately I have a round of golf to get to in an hour :D. Just want to thank the forum members on here for all the insightful resources and tips!
cheers

Just take it golfing! :)

You will have time to play with it in the cart while your partner drives around the course. :)

Upvote 0
Hi all,
cheers

Welcome. Other than my Google TV, this is my first Android device as I to have moved away from iPhone.

Upvote 0
Just got back to work with mine! dang work getting in the way of me playing with my new phone. this thing is sooooooo sweet. going to take forever to figure out how to use everything. anyone know how to permanently write on picture. I pull down the corner and can write but it doesnt apply it to the picture so i can send the picture with the writing on it to someone.

Upvote 0
Hmmm where is that menu located? It seems like a different place than I was looking. I was looking in the app drawer widgets menu.

This is on Sprints Note 2. Why would Verizon remove a clock widget? Like everything else they probably have their own with a big V in the middle. :p
Ok....I couldn't resist that one.

2012-11-29135956.png

Upvote 0
This is on Sprints Note 2. Why would Verizon remove a clock widget? Like everything else they probably have their own with a big V in the middle. :p
Ok....I couldn't resist that one.

2012-11-29135956.png

Yeah, I sadly don't see that in my Widget bar. That blows, because I like that clock. Saw it on my cousins SG3 (or something similar). BLEH.

(Thankfully, I apparently bought Beautiful Widgets when I owned my Fascinate and can use them on my Note 2 - so at least I'll have clocks to choose from!)

Upvote 0
Can't you just buy a vehicle dock from a third party store/different carrier?

Apparently that's what I'll need to do.

It's not like these devices are different in build.

I don't understand what you mean - the GN2 is different in every dimension from every other phone made, AFAIK. My Droid fit in it's car dock and desk stand perfectly. The car dock was incredibly secure and effortless to remove. If it had charging built-in, it would have been perfection. The Droid literally drops into the desktop dock with absolutely no effort (with built-in charging) and to remove it, you simply pick it up and go. I've seen other phones in universal docks... If you haven't had something that fit as well as the Droid with it's docks, then you wouldn't understand. Everything I've seen thus far is a step down.

But I'll see what I can find.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones