• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon note 3 on Metropcs

Lawkev

Sep 10, 2011
Hi,

I have a Verizon note 3 on Metropcs. I know I won't get OTA updates but what are the chances of me finding the updates online for download. I hear there was another update approved on 12/09. Does it make more sense to sell this phone and buy a t-mobile note 3 to use on metro? Would I have a better chance at getting updates? Should not bother with updating the phone? Don't ask how I got into this situation. It's a long story.

Thanks

And your data is actually working on metro? Interesting since the VzW n3 is a different frequency band. Interesting that it works.

Then again both VzW and att are tightening up there networks right now. Working on the MME component in there 4G networks they got me and my crew "fixing" all sorts of stuff... like unauthorized roamers. Use it while you got it I guess :)

Upvote 0
Honestly once Verizon comes out with the update you can try and find a download for it and then just re-enter the APN settings for MetroPCS again.

There are two updates that have gone out so far. Do people normally make ROMs that would flash the update to my phone? I also want to root the phone but I am not sure what to do with it at this point. My wife bought this phone for herself and realized that it was "too much" for her. I gave her my lg optimus f6 and took the note. That's how I got in this situation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones