1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Note 3 Root Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spartan7500, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Spartan7500

Spartan7500 Lurker

Sorry guys,

I've been reading these forums for awhile, I've just never made an account until now so please excuse my "noobish" ways. I couldn't find any other post about this but here it is: I have a Verizon note 3, running 4.4.2, and I rooted my note successfully with towelroot. I installed super su, and it needed to update the binary so I updated su binary, which tripped knox. I panicked, and I unrooted my phone (the way super su wants you to) and now root checker says I'm not rooted. Even though I panicked, I didn't "damage" anything un rooting except: the problem is: I cannot factory reset my phone, I get that "non verizon software detected: take to local verizon store" notice. Everytime I click factory reset, it powers down, goes into twrp, then says "recovery failed" then shows that verizon notice. I'm able to get it booted up after that notice, but is there any way to be able to factory reset again? Thanks guys!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brownchm

brownchm Well-Known Member

I would suggest going into download mode and flashing the stock image for your firmware type

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews