• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon note 4: Foxfi wifi authentication fails

jch777

Lurker
May 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from the Verizon Note 2 (4.4.2) to a Verizon Note 4 (4.4.4).

I installed pdanet+/foxfi (full version) on the Note 4 and setup the wifi credentials. For some reason I can't connect to the wifi with any device unless the password is blank. If I set any kind of password at all, I get the message "authentication failure, please enter your password" on the device I'm attempting to connect to foxfi with.

I've tried connecting to wifi with both an MS Surface Pro & my old Note 2. I've even simplified the wifi password down to the min 8 chars and just used alpha (no special chars or numbers at all). I tested USB tethering on the MS Surface and it works fine but I really need the wifi working ASAP so that I can connect my wireless printer.

I couldn't find references to anyone else having similar issues when I researched this problem online. Everything I've read says that PdaNet+/FoxFi works just fine on the 4.4.4 release for other users.

I did find several post regarding issues with the credential storage. So I cleared my credentials, reset my screen lock to "none" (I was using fingerprint scanning previously), and then tried foxfi again. It had me re-install the foxfi VPN cert and prompted me to set up a security pin which I did. Wifi still didn't work.

Finally I tried uninstalling pdanet altogether, reset the credentials, and reinstalled pdanet+/foxfi/related VPN cert. No joy.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Am I missing something stupidly simple?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones