1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

verizon note 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by currentdroiduser, Oct 19, 2014.

1. currentdroiduser

Now got a question and a tip. Now if you buy the note 4 at verizonwireless store they charge you tax for the full retail price of the phone despite the discount. But if i were to get it at best buy can verizon store still look at it and get me a manufactures warrentee if need be?

How many of you buy insurance for your phones?

Bottom line next phone i will buy at best buy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bluemsw

bluemsw Member

If your in California, and I think it is everywhere but not sure, you will have to pay that tax regardless where you purchase the phone. I was a law that went into effect a year or two ago. Yes you can get any warranty replacement on the handset through Verizon wireless regardless where you purchased as long as your within the warranty period.

I have the Asurion insurance through Verizon and have been very nice to have, on top of that I have the total equipment coverage which extends your factory warranty for as long as you have the insurance. On thing to remember if you are not sure about getting the insurance is that if your phone is broken/lost/stolen you will have to pay the full price to get another one not the discounted price they have listed for the upgrade/new line.

I purchase my phones at best buy for a number of reasons, one big one is that the sales people in a Verizon store work off commissions so they can be very pushy or not very helpful. You don't have to worry about that at best buy they get paid hourly. Plus best buy have some good deals usually. Just like for the Note 4, if you pre-ordered it before a certain date you would get a $200 gift card that could be used toward the purchase of the Note 4 for the trade in of any working smart phone. One piece of advice is if you go to buy the phone from best buy check the price on the Verizon wireless site first, especially if you buy it full price because the full price and be higher at best buy, but show them on the Verizon site and they will price match.

3. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

Of course California would pass a law like that first. LMAO.

4. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

Anyone who pre-ordered with Big Red get any messages saying your order has shipped?

I know I haven't but I'm hoping to get one soon, as I'd like to have the phone by launch day, which is USUALLY what happens when I've pre-ordered with Verizon in the past. So, if launch day is 10/23, I'd like to see my phone shipped by 10/21 the latest as it is supposed to be 2 day mail.

Verizon folks, let's keep each other posted.

5. SheriffWoody

SheriffWoody Newbie

Verizon bros have to stick together.

6. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

I see since I posted my inquiry another Verizon shipped thread has started. Maybe we should merge these?

7. nytmare

nytmare Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered on 9/19 at 0721. Rec'd my delivery confirmation earlier today. Lookin' forward to playing with it soon.

8. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that many places charge the tax on the full price. As for insurance, until I bought the iPhone 6 Plus $825 and waiting to receive the Note 4 $725, I had never purchased insurance. This time I bought the 2 year Square Trade Warranties for $75 per phone. Sure there is a $75 deductible if phone NEEDS to be replaced, but I couldn't see paying Verizon or Assurion $10 monthly for total of $240 for something that most likely wouldn't happen.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews