1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Note 9 will not charge via cable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Feb 22, 2020.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

So Former Tax Deduction #1 has a recurring problem with his Verizon Note 9: it will NOT charge with a USB-C cable. ANY cable. Wireless charging, yes. But something in the firmware boogers up connected charging. He spent 2 hours with Verizon tech support, only to have them tell him what he already knew... but this is apparently a firmware problem that was referred to Samsung by Verizon.

How many Verizon Note 9 users here are experiencing that? And does anyone here know of a fix or workaround? Other than wireless charging...

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Is there any documented summary of this alleged Note 9 charging problem? Or is it just hearsay from a customer service staffer?
    Also, it would eliminate repetition if we knew just what he did or didn't try -- you referred to different cables so assuming he tried different chargers too, what about charging the phone while powered off or while in Safe mode.

marctronixx, tube517 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. marctronixx

can you connect the phone to a computer to transfer data?

yes have you tried different cables? clear cache? factory reset?

sounds like a hardware issue ...

4. The_Chief

They swear it's a firmware issue - and yes, yes, and yes

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Did it originally charge USB? Does the failure coincide with an OS upgrade? I would think if it were firmware there would be an ugly uprising from the Note 9 / Verizon community. As much as I love inductive charging I've never been forced to use the method.

6. The_Chief

It's been on and off with Android 9 & 10... I had his clear cache and data on the USB Settings system app, no change. It does what it wants, when it wants. I would be inclined to call it a sensor fault: but that's just me and I ain't there

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews