1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Now that I'm rooted...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anthony2816, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Now that I'm rooted, is there an easy way to get rid of the annoying Verizon start up and shut down music?

Perhaps some files I can delete with Root Explorer or something equally simple?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

In the original root thread over on xda, the first post has a flashable boot animation towards the bottom of the post.

3. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

4. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but what I'm really interested in is a silent boot and shutdown. If I delete the poweron.ogg and poweroff.ogg from the above file, rezip it and install it, will that do the trick?

5. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Android Enthusiast

I dont get this, my phone is stock and and doesnyt make sound when it starts up. It gives on little vibrate at first but that's it.

6. aznguyen316

aznguyen316 Member

maybe because you're phone was on silent before you shut it down? My old phone used to be like that, but if it was on full sound before a restart then it would do the audible jingle. My Macbook does the same.

7. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

thats exactly why...if your phone is on vibrate or silent when you turn it off...you wont get the boot sound...if the sound is on when you turn it off...you get sound...

8. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Android Enthusiast

Alright that is reason, This is the first phone I have had that has been like that. My phone is on silent 90% of the time.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews