1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] okay some general and some root questions!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krisdezzy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. krisdezzy

krisdezzy Well-Known Member

1. I'm running 4.1.2 can I use the root guide for this version without ANY problems.
    2. What are ROMS are FINAL BUILD. Or STABLE
    3. What is this AOSP, AOSK TALK. I am familiar with root But I need more explanation of what android open soruce project is. Is that a stable rom which they fix at the same time??
    4. Is Cyanogenmod 10 for 4.1.2
    5. Since I have 4.1.2 do roms matter what firmware I have
    6. I used to have an LG ALLY. Familiar with kernels but what are they really used for??
    7. What rom are YOU using? Is it good? Stable? Perfectly fine to use for now till CM 10.1 comes out.
    8. What roms include emojis other than plasma? Or do I have to install since I'll be rooted
    9. I love you guys do you guys love me too?
    10. IF bricked I DO have ASURION INSURANCE will it COVER this IF I pay my deductible?
    :D :D :D ;) ;)

THANKS,
    KRISTOFFER

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. krisdezzy

More questions I forgot out there
    When you flash a rom is the same wipe cache then dalvik then data.
    Do people still tweak the cpu still to see how fast it can go? Trying to shoot for 1.7 ghz

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I'll do my best to answer some:)
    My answers in RED text

Click on "Show" for the AOSP explanation...this is quoted from Ocnbrze in this thread, post 2:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html
    Keep in mind that this quote is from the Evo4g forum but basically explains what AOSP is:)

TALONTRAX likes this.
  4. krisdezzy

But CM 10.1 ISNT or IS a final build. Where can I find the themes for cleanrom. Ill root as soon as you reply and I know about not settin it at boot haha experienced with ally ;p

5. Mikestony

VIP Member

CM 10.1 I don't think is a final build. I really don't know as I don't run it or keep up with the CM series, sorry:(
    If you go to my first post on this thread, and click on the "show" for my signature, the colored text are links to what I run.
    Or, you can go to this thread that some hon-yock put together, there are a few useful links there:
    http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...ot-root-list-utilities-roms-kernels-more.html

6. krisdezzy

Is there any faster way we can talk? I want to be part of the next big thing but I have to basically learn all over again Like the lg ally

7. Mikestony

VIP Member

You can hit me up on google chat if you prefer. It's in my info .

8. krisdezzy

on google+ i messaged you on there. idk what youre talkin about lol

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews