• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] One Click Root?

Worked great for me and I'm a novice. I had been researching for awhile the easiest way to root before I found this method. Was getting ready to use the odin method and glad I found this first. I was a little worried for the fact it seems too easy to be true.

Were you on the MF1 build when you used the OneClick Method?

Upvote 0
Im like you and havent rooted since my old droid x days. I read the thread Mike has linked above after I had already used this method and it looked like a few people had some issues but the majority of people had no problems at all. I was skeptical at first because of how easy it is compared to the other methods but it worked great for me. Didnt even have to boot into download mode.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I haven't rooted since my OGDroid. (STILL going strong btw lol!) I just want to root and not flash a custom rom or new kernels or anything. Maybe get some stock android apps too.

But I really don't want to brick my phone. How easy is it now with these phones to brick them?

I would surmise that trying to install the wrong firmware with ODIN would brick it, if it is successful, but using the correct guide to root, it is hard to brick it. I have heard of folks phones acting wonky but not a true brick. :) As long as you can get into download mode, you're golden:)

Im like you and havent rooted since my old droid x days. I read the thread Mike has linked above after I had already used this method and it looked like a few people had some issues but the majority of people had no problems at all. I was skeptical at first because of how easy it is compared to the other methods but it worked great for me. Didnt even have to boot into download mode.
^^Awesome!!^^

Yeah, I see that with all forums for rooting, roms, kernels etc...some folks have no issues while others have issues... I like to read thru the whole thread to see and prepare for issues that may or may not arise. Granted, some threads have thousands of posts :eek: forget reading thru all of them, but I at least read thru several pages to get the jist of it:)

Upvote 0
Took the plunge. Rooted. Worked alright. It did bring up a menu after restarting that nobody mentioned. I clicked backup to be safe (Although I have no idea what I backed up or how to restore it lol). Then it said I lost root but it also fixed it. Weird, but it worked.

Although Im a bit afraid to reboot lol.
Did it boot into something that looked like this?
39981d1349515985t-recovery-twrp-2-3-2-2-2-1-teamwin-touch-recovery-img_20121006_042933.jpg

Upvote 0
Exactly that.
Nice!
That is your custom recovery called TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project)
That is where you can make a backup (like you did).---which is called a nandroid backup---a snapshot of your phone's current state--like a game save, or a restore point on a computer:)

You flash roms there, flash kernels, and other .zip files.
It is much better than the stock recovery. :)

Accessed by powering the phone down completely, then holding the home, volume up button, then the power button. All 3 held down at the same time until a screen comes up, then let go:)

Reactions: BlueIce5249
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones