• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon only has unlimited talk plans?

Not positive, but I believe they offer a variety of plans.
I'd go to a retail store and check out the options. I don't really know as I have unlimited everything. Glad I do too, because I used quite a bit od data last month. LOL. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347611738683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347611738683.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Verizon switched to their Share Everything plans on June 28th. Unlimited talk and text with tiered data for all their plans. If you were a current subscriber when the new plans took affect, you were not forced to change your plan. But in the future, if you upgrade to a new subsidized phone you are forced into the new plan structure.

Verizon's Share Everything plan explained | Digital Trends

Upvote 0
Verizon switched to their Share Everything plans on June 28th. Unlimited talk and text with tiered data for all their plans. If you were a current subscriber when the new plans took affect, you were not forced to change your plan. But in the future, if you upgrade to a new subsidized phone you are forced into the new plan structure.

Verizon's Share Everything plan explained | Digital Trends

I don't think that's quite correct. If I recall correctly, you could keep your voice plan and change the options for the voice plan and texting (go from 700 to 1000 minutes for example). You just can't keep unlimited data, and would have to switch to some form of tiered data plan (either the shared data, or switch the data plan to 2GB/$30 [I think]).

Upvote 0
Strange. The only reason to keep the old plans is if you have unlimited data. If you loose that, why wouldn't you want to switch to unlimited talk and text and tiered data.

Verizon has made it purposely confusing. Mainly so they get those of us still under unlimited data into the new tiered plans. We are costing them WAY TO MUCH. Eating away at their bottom line. Phfffttt.

Upvote 0
I don't think that's quite correct. If I recall correctly, you could keep your voice plan and change the options for the voice plan and texting (go from 700 to 1000 minutes for example). You just can't keep unlimited data, and would have to switch to some form of tiered data plan (either the shared data, or switch the data plan to 2GB/$30 [I think]).

Correct.

Upvote 0
Strange. The only reason to keep the old plans is if you have unlimited data. If you loose that, why wouldn't you want to switch to unlimited talk and text and tiered data.

Verizon has made it purposely confusing. Mainly so they get those of us still under unlimited data into the new tiered plans. We are costing them WAY TO MUCH. Eating away at their bottom line. Phfffttt.

Actually the old plans are cheaper for people who don't use many minutes (such as myself and my wife... mainly because everyone we know is on Verizon too).

New customers are forced into Share Everything. Existing customers can still get the full flexibility they had prior to Share Everything (ie changing minutes, texts, adding lines, etc.) on their limited minute plans. The only thing that is different for them is upgrades kill off unlimited.

Reactions: Doit2it
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones