• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon or Droid Censoring??

Crudely, I admit, I tried to type the four letter word that rhymes with duck in an email reply to someone, and the program changed the f to a d !!!! I didn't realize that we were being censored. What is next???

I noticed that too, but what's really funny is if you add the "ing" at the end (at least in Swype) the correct word is used.

Upvote 0
F is next to D, the system does not have your word of choice in its dictionary. Just like when I swype night sometimes it comes out might. I just doubt that your word is included in the default dictionary (google has stated it is not in the voice to text dictionary since they would not want to assume you are using a foul word when in reality you were not.) You can send your foul words, you will just have to manually add them to your dictionary and double check that your foul mouth is appropriately being reflected in your texts/emails and I fear we may soon see you message board posts.

Upvote 0
F is next to D, the system does not have your word of choice in its dictionary. Just like when I swype night sometimes it comes out might. I just doubt that your word is included in the default dictionary (google has stated it is not in the voice to text dictionary since they would not want to assume you are using a foul word when in reality you were not.) You can send your foul words, you will just have to manually add them to your dictionary and double check that your foul mouth is appropriately being reflected in your texts/emails and I fear we may soon see you message board posts.

Exactly what is said above.

Upvote 0
You want to know what's really funny? Google recognizes ALL those words in its voice recognition. I found this by accident the other day when texting someone. Try long pressing search and saying a string of bad words. My result was:

#### #### damn hell #####

In other words, Google recognized both the 4 and 5 letter words and censored them in the text. This is actually kind of annoying - what if you have you Iphone toting exwife in your contacts as "F###ing B####"! ;)

Reactions: OrderFromChaos
Upvote 0
You want to know what's really funny? Google recognizes ALL those words in its voice recognition. I found this by accident the other day when texting someone. Try long pressing search and saying a string of bad words. My result was:

In other words, Google recognized both the 4 and 5 letter words and censored them in the text. This is actually kind of annoying - what if you have you Iphone toting exwife in your contacts as "F###ing B####"! ;)

LMAO

Thanks for the laugh, especially with your username. :D

Upvote 0

hahaha my ex wife is in my contacts as the same thing!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones