• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon or Google?

The only difference is that the Pixel from Google Play Store will have an unlockable bootloader.

Based on the information available as of today: As far as the functionality goes, the two devices are identical - there is nothing about the Verizon Pixel that makes it better optimized for the Verizon network.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
The Verizon version will have some added apps on it pertinent to Verizon services, and maybe some other bloatware you don't want.
True - though those 3 Verizon apps will get downloaded to the Google Play store version one as well if you install a Verizon SIM onto it. Regardless, they can be uninstalled in a few seconds.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Hmm, what is this info app you speak of? I deleted Verizon bloat but don't remember this one. Is the name of the app actually called info ?

Sorry...tried to quote post above this one, don't know what happened...

It's called My Verizon, and I use it as a widget as I can quickly see how much data my family has used.

Last edited:
Reactions: XPlay69
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones