• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Phone Tracking Question

demarrer

Lurker
Aug 10, 2010
I have been on Verizon for years now and my daughter and I are about to upgrade to new phones. I want to be able to track her phone and where she is at. I have two questions.

Can I do this on Verizon?

Can I do this on any Android phone, and if not which ones?

Thanks for the help.

I have been on Verizon for years now and my daughter and I are about to upgrade to new phones. I want to be able to track her phone and where she is at. I have two questions.

Can I do this on Verizon?

Can I do this on any Android phone, and if not which ones?

Thanks for the help.

You can download mobile defense to her phone then accept it and the widget icon disappears from her phone and you can track her from mobiledefense website. Use this if you don't want her to know.

Use google latitude/buzz if you want her to know and she can know where your at too.

I have both on my phone. The mobile defense is good too if you loose your phone.

Upvote 0
I can't get Latitude to update at all and its starting to get me really mad. Does anyone know of a good post about this? Thanks

You have to have gps on and so do the other people to get a better location of them, if not it will go off of cell tower.

To refresh the location.... Have the map open>>>menu>>>latitude>>>menu>>refresh friends or show stale friends.

Also, under 1st menu instead of pushing latitude push my location and it will update your location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones