1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Verizon Phone Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghdtpdna, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wanted to know if this was possible.
    My upgrade date is 7/12 this is but a phone that I want supposedly comes out in 10/12. Can I extend my contract without using the upgrade eligibility just so that my next upgrade comes 6/12 of 2012?
    Just a curiosity.

Advertisement

2. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    You can just keep paying your bill and using your phone as you have been after you contract expires. There's no need to sign a new one until you get the new phone.

3. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    Scooter is correct. Once you reach the end of your current contract, you are automatically on a month-to-month contract. As such, you can then use your upgrade at any time.

If you're looking to use your upgrade in June of 2012, you can actually get a new phone this month and you will be again eligible to upgrade in Feb of 2012. (when in a 2 year contract, you are allowed to upgrade phones after 20 months)

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

4. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Thanks all.
    I think I did not explain very clearly.
    I know that I will go on to month-to-month after my contract expires but if lets say I wait 5 months, that means my next phone gets delayed by that much, you see what I am trying to say?
    I am kind of crazy about trying the newest thing available, so.
    So I am wanting to know if it is possible to renew a contract but saving the upgrade eligibility until later.