• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon phone with qwerty & no touch screen?

EdNerd

Feb 2, 2011
Does anyone know of a Verizon Android phone with no touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard (preferably slider)? I have a person in mind for this phone - some apps are needed, but a full touch-screen experience would be overwhelming. Or at least the qwerty and some way to desensitize the touch. If there's multiple home screens, I can set up apps on pages away from inadvertant touches.

Ed

All Android phones have touch screen. That is the basic premise of Android and all modern smart phones.

However, some phones have a "mouse" that lets you scroll on the screen, but there will still be the touch screen.

Honestly, the touch screen interface is far superior to any other interface so far. I don't see how it could be overwhelming to anyone. It's extremely intuitive.

Upvote 0
The mouse or scroll pad or whatever would be nice. Physical input devices are much more confortable for some people. I can think of several cognitive, personality, or physical quirks that would make a touchscreen very frustrating or overwhelming. Some Android apps are great to have, perfect for helping a person. But if the interface drives you nuts, what good is it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones