1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Verizon phone with qwerty & no touch screen?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by EdNerd, Sep 27, 2011.

1. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Does anyone know of a Verizon Android phone with no touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard (preferably slider)? I have a person in mind for this phone - some apps are needed, but a full touch-screen experience would be overwhelming. Or at least the qwerty and some way to desensitize the touch. If there's multiple home screens, I can set up apps on pages away from inadvertant touches.

Ed

Advertisement

2. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    no such animal... go fish

3. trparky

trparky Android Enthusiast
    None

You have to have a touchscreen. How are you going to interact with the phone without a touchscreen?

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    All Android phones have touch screen. That is the basic premise of Android and all modern smart phones.

However, some phones have a "mouse" that lets you scroll on the screen, but there will still be the touch screen.

Honestly, the touch screen interface is far superior to any other interface so far. I don't see how it could be overwhelming to anyone. It's extremely intuitive.

5. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    The mouse or scroll pad or whatever would be nice. Physical input devices are much more confortable for some people. I can think of several cognitive, personality, or physical quirks that would make a touchscreen very frustrating or overwhelming. Some Android apps are great to have, perfect for helping a person. But if the interface drives you nuts, what good is it?