1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] [POLL] Favorite JB Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 17, 2012.

?

Favorite JB Rom?

1. Jelly Belly

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Jelly Bro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cm10 Nightly

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. AOKP Nightly

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Codeame Android

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Liquid Smooth

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. JBSourcery

26 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. BAMF

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Bugless Beast

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  10. XenonHD

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  11. Miui

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Vanir

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Eclipse

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  14. Other (Let me know and I'll add it)

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Vote! If u wanna? Debate and explain!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I picked Sourcery. I like the philosophy of applying mods and theme options right in the rom. Great concept and top notch devs that have a presence here on Android Forums.

3. viper689

viper689 Android Expert

XenonHD for me! The cleanest, most feature filled, yet stable, ROM for me, and best battery life that I've seen since LiquidSmooth ICS. My daily driver, and the dev pops in every now and then here so that helps to clear up some confusion.

4. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

As of right now Codename Android (at least for this week)

5. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

Sourcery hands down. If you haven't tried it you have no idea what your missing.

Literally HOURS after playing with this ROM you will still stumble onto sweet customizations / mods.

Chizzele likes this.
  6. jmar

jmar Nexican

I picked AOKP Nightly ROMs cause I am very loyal to their work and love it! Also, I bought one of their TPU phone covers and would feel like a jerk if I didn't run it. Lol. I do nandroid from time to time to flash different stuff though. Is JBSourcery THAT good?

jmar

7. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

BAMF,It just works.:)

8. ILinkI

ILinkI Lurker

CNA...but in all fairness, I might be a little biased. hahaha

9. jmar

jmar Nexican

Notice this is your first post. Welcome! And why are you biased?

jmar

10. TexDaddy57

TexDaddy57 Well-Known Member

Sourcery...Simply put, It works, 3 gigs of mods I can download from the rom itself so I can tinker and and make my phone to look like no other phone. Just too cool!

jmar likes this.
  11. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

YES!

jmar likes this.
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Haven't found a reason to go away from Jelly Belly yet :)

jmar likes this.
  13. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I changed my vote to sourcery. It is amazing and took my breath away. If you like a dependable daily driver with super dooper features, this one's for you. I use it with the latest leankernal. Amazing. Just. Amazing.

I haven't been this excited since I got my first ever Android. Well, maybe I was this excited when I got all those insider leaks about the upcoming Verizon Gnex. Well, but this is right up there.

jmar and iowabowtech like this.
  14. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

Ok you got me to try out Sourcery.Ill give it a go and see.I can always revert back to my BAMF nandroid.

Edit: Haven't reverted back to Bamf,sourcery has just got too much customization! :)

15. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

I like Jelly Belly; its plain,tight, and you can add what ever you want to it.:congrats:

16. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Same here. It put the fun back into the gnexus.

jmar likes this.
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Jelly Belly is nice, but WAY too plain stock for me.

XenonHD is great, too. No complaints, really.

But Codename Android is just in a class of its own, IMO. Fast, smooth, responsive... and it has a HUGE and always-growing array of options: from the color of your navigation buttons, to custom messages in the carrier label, to CPU and kernel performance tweaks and lockscreen text color. And MORE.

CNA truly allows you to make your Nexus one-of-a-kind. 3.3.0 is out and I highly recommend you at least try it. You can always wipe & nandroid back to your current setup :)

EDIT: Okay okay, the ol' Chief likes to keep an open mind... therefore, based on Steven's crowing and glowing about JBSourcery, I will backup CNA and flash it early in the morning just to see what the fuss is all about. Who knows? I may have to change my vote, too.

18. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

I love Liquid but I was getting less than stellar battery life (which is funny cuz Liquid ICS gave me amazing battery life). Which of the JB ROMs have people experienced the best battery usage with? I'm probably going to try out Sourcery

19. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

I'm new to all of this and a follower, so I've been dabbling with a few ROMs. Currently, I'm rocking CNA and have not enjoyed a phone 8 months after purchasing it like I am with my GNEX and Code Name Android. My phone feels new again.

But, because I'm a crackhead and did I mention a follower?, so I look forward to hearing what Chief has to say about Sourcery, haha.

20. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I've been using sourcery since the 1st version of ICSourcery and have had no reason or desire to change.
    The customizations are outstanding and the devs are very responsive and accommodating.

Being able to make changes and download updates from within the ROM is great.

I think the best thing is that none of the options in the ROM are forced.

21. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

Can you explain the "download updates from within the ROM" part? I'm intrigued. Thanks.

22. viper689

viper689 Android Expert

You guys gone done and made me change my current rom to JBSourcery now too. You guys are a bad influence lol

23. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Good Grief!

On the advice of Steven58, I wiped and flashed JBSourcery 1.0.

:eek:

I cannot BELIEVE this thing! I thought CNA had options - there are things in the JBSourcery Tools Section that I don't even know what they DO yet... let alone that I'll ever use all this stuff! Over 200 bootanimations to select and install (although the stock on is admittedly COOL), and virtually every mod I want or can think of. How they compressed all this stuff into a 117MB zip file beats me.

And the promise that ROM updates are generally unnecessary, that more stuff will just "show up" in Tools as they're developed? WOW!

Anyway, Good Morning Gnexers - I'm going to sit here, gob-smacked, and try to go through all this stuff and put this baby through its paces. But I see a donation going out VERY soon... this ROM is a stand-out.

EDIT: Yeah, go ahead and change my vote too. -1 from CNA, +1 to JBSourcery :)

Steven58 and atrain311 like this.
  24. DoctorEyeSight

DoctorEyeSight Android Enthusiast

Hi,

What do you mean by that the ROM updates are unnecessary? Are you saying that the updated ROMs no longer need to be flashed and will automatically do it on its own via the settings?

25. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing all the mods you can do from within the sourcery tools folder.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews