• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [Poll] What's your favorite Rom? (Rom review-ish thread)

What's your favorite rom?

• LiquidSmooth

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • Aokp

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • Gummy

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • CM9 Kang

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Axiom Crossbreed

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Official CM9

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • BAMF

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Vicious

• Codename

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • ICSourcery

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Rootzboat

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • CM9 Skankwich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SimplexRom

• Miui Weeklies

• TeeRom

• Axiom PatientZero

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Axiom Driven

• Axiom Rebirth

• Clean AOSP 4.0.4 build 2

• Tranquil Ice (P3droid)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Apex

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other (specify and I'll add it to the poll) :)

• Total voters
I had been itching to try Sorcery before it was released...but now I don't think there's any straying from AOKP for me :)

thats whats great about nandroids. back it up and give it a shot.
You will definatley see things that aokp doesnt have.
than go to our thread we have put up here and let us know what you miss from aokp and well look into adding it.

We will not use AOKP weather stuff. they spent a lot of time on that and i consider it a signiture feature of their rom and will not put it in ICSourcery.

So if that is a deal breaker than not worth your time ,

Other than that i think youd have a fun time.

If anyone used sourcery for the droid.
ICSourcery is sourcery on steroids!

Upvote 0
Liquid Seems to run fast for me. Been on it for the last couple of days before that it AOKP all the way.

AOKP ran great on my phone and had no issues. I tried Liquid just for something different and was surprised something could feel faster and smoother :) .

Since that experience I bought Boot Manager so I wouldn't wait so long to try anything new any longer.

Upvote 0
I voted the first time on Liquid. I have been doing a study on battery & signal with the latest Liquid, ICSourcery and BAMF..Was on LS 1.35 BUT...
I had to drive into Dallas last week (I strongly dislike Dallas!) Proceeded to get lost, opened my app drawer and wow No google maps! Went to Google Play and it told me google maps was not compatible with my device. wtf? Went to cwm restored BAMF opened Google Maps got on navigator found my way.
I'm in the process of "testing" signal on 3 ROMS, BAMF - Liquid & ICSourcery all are about the same for signal (spending 2 days on each ROM & flashed the new 4.0.4 radios) Battery life on Liquid and BAMF about the same Sourcery a tad more energy hungry. When I'm done I'll post what I found.
I now am a fan of BAMF. Everything just works! Solid!
ICSourcery when it goes to 4.0.4 I will revisit it...

Upvote 0
I installed BAMF and it seems really smooth but I have one major problem, when I try to open BAMF settings it force closes every time, so basically I have no features beyond standard ICS. Tried fix permissions and that didn't do anything. This is coming from AOKP with a full wipe of data/cache.
edit: reflashed and it is working. I don't like the way ROM manager is behaving, when install a zip from it the program crashes and the phone goes dead for about 20 sec, then starts recovery, the volume button seems to move several places with one click so it's hard to select the right thing, then sometimes it tells me "back button disabled" and I can't reboot or do anything for about 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
I installed BAMF and it seems really smooth but I have one major problem, when I try to open BAMF settings it force closes every time, so basically I have no features beyond standard ICS. Tried fix permissions and that didn't do anything. This is coming from AOKP with a full wipe of data/cache.
edit: reflashed and it is working. I don't like the way ROM manager is behaving, when install a zip from it the program crashes and the phone goes dead for about 20 sec, then starts recovery, the volume button seems to move several places with one click so it's hard to select the right thing, then sometimes it tells me "back button disabled" and I can't reboot or do anything for about 30 seconds.

I hear you, I quit using rom manager altogether. I wipe and flash from recovery now and have been doing it that way for the better part of a year now. Never had a problem since going that route.

Upvote 0
I dual boot between Liquid and Codename, one for work, the other for me, because I didn't want to just flagrantly bypass my employer's security policy. As an aside, I did ask my IT guy how he felt about this, and he was cool with it. It also works great.

Liquid edges Codename by just a hair, though it may be because I spend more time on in it as it's the work side of my phone. Clean, fast, good battery life. I even tried dual booting to two Liquid ROMs, but that didn't really work in my favor :D. After trying a few others I settled on Codename as the second.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones