• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon pre-order questions

You too? :D

Darling Bride doesn't know it yet, but her birthday is next month and I am replacing our pos Viewsonic gTablet with a brand new Galaxy Tab 10.1.

She is going to flip out!

My wife is not into Android unfortunately. She is very happy with her iPhone 5. And she is getting an iPad 5 when it drops.

Now that I will have the 10.1 for a while before Crapple drops its load, she will have a nice test drive and then we'll see what she decides.

But can't blame her. She's not into gadgets really. She just wants something to browse the web, do her school work on, and that's pretty much it. Her best friends all have iPads so there you go.

Upvote 0
My wife would flip out too! Then hit me in the head with the tablet and tell me to get her a real birthday present.

You are a lucky man. :)

Thanks. She's always on the gTablet and it's a true piece of crap. I couldn't find a ROM newer than Honeycomb that it would run; graphics are mediocre; bezel is massive; sound is almost as bad as either camera. It's 4-5 year old technology! But you know what? It won me a TV - which I recently SOLD and am going to use the proceeds to buy her the Galaxy Tab.

Tell me that ain't true love :D

@HanSolo - they say opposites attract, y'know ;)

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
So I preordered the white version, but the more videos I see the more I think I want the black. Anyone know if I can bring the white one into the store when I receive it and exchange it straight up for the black, or will they hit me with the old "restocking" fee?

I preordered white also. But I plan on using the slim armour case much hyped in this forum. So I figure only the white in the front face will be seen, and with the steel blue, that will look pretty cool.

Reactions: rivera02
Upvote 0
So I preordered the white version, but the more videos I see the more I think I want the black. Anyone know if I can bring the white one into the store when I receive it and exchange it straight up for the black, or will they hit me with the old "restocking" fee?

Dunno,but,if you're reasonably sure that your location(s) will have stock on opening day,I'd just cancel the order & pick one up in-person,unless VZW has special pricing/incentives/freebies for ordering on-line.

I have pre-ordered on T-MOBILE & paid the extra $25 express/overnight shipping,but,if I do not hear anything from T-MOBILE/UPS within 48hrs of ETA,I'm cancelling & picking up locally,as T-MOBILE has DIDDLY-SQUAT for on-line shopping incentives.

Reactions: rivera02
Upvote 0
I pre-ordered the white as well, then canceled it and went with black. It looks much more premium to me, and given that the back door is replaceable, I'm not going with a case. Just a screen protector.

I like the white face, but I'm a little bit annoyed at the tiny black "bezel" on the screen itself when the display is on. Of course, it's the same on the black version, but you obviously don't notice it.

Upvote 0
All my Verizon pre-order peeps:

I am not going to retype it all. But you might want to read THIS.

So everyone (HanSolo included), can kindly stop holding your collective breath and checking your accounts for awhile. BREATHE and relax.

Let's get back to speculating and figuring out how to root this thing! :)

Reactions: HanSolo
Upvote 0
I can confirm that the unlimited upgrade option is still working. I just went through the whole process. My confirmation email says I still have unlimited data.

I hopefully saved $400. If it doesn't work when I get it, I'll just return it to the local Verizon store and buy it outright, as I planned all along.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I can confirm that the unlimited upgrade option is still working. I just went through the whole process. My confirmation email says I still have unlimited data.

I hopefully saved $400. If it doesn't work when I get it, I'll just return it to the local Verizon store and buy it outright, as I planned all along.

Exactly. You really can't lose. If it works, then I saved $380. If it doesn't and they try to cancel the unlimited and force me into tiered then I'll cancel the order all together and pay full price like I intended on doing the whole time. I don't see any reason somebody who preordered wouldn't try this. The scariest thing was having to cancel my preorder FIRST before attempting this. I was gonna be mad if I jumped out of line and found out the deal was dead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones