• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my shipping email yesterday and was excited to think it would be here on Friday. But obviously FedEx don't pick up on a holiday so it is only now on its way to SoCal and says it will be here by 4.30pm on Monday.

I had been looking forward to destroying my Incredible at the weekend, it was a great phone at the beginning but is now almost unusable in so many ways.

Must say, bit bummed about not getting the overnight shipping.

Upvote 0
DragBike,

There are rumors that the 50gb Dropbox account will not work with the US VZW variant. Wanted to hopefully squash that rumor.

Verizon and AT&T are not supporting the "Promotion" that Dropbox has for the S3. If you get your S3 from a carrier that supports the promo then you get 50gig of storage for Free for a year. If you get your S3 from Verizon you can still use Dropbox but you'll have to pay their subscription rate.

Upvote 0
Got my shipping email yesterday and was excited to think it would be here on Friday. But obviously FedEx don't pick up on a holiday so it is only now on its way to SoCal and says it will be here by 4.30pm on Monday.

I had been looking forward to destroying my Incredible at the weekend, it was a great phone at the beginning but is now almost unusable in so many ways.

Why would you destroy it when you can sell it on ebay?

Upvote 0

I'll give u $10

Upvote 0
Ok so my order status never updated after saying sent to process. Then no email. So I called to check my order status. Said processed and shipped. So I called vzw... jammed the 0 button to get a operator. They said it was shipped and gave me a tracking number. Shipped this morning at 6am so maybe call in to check for a tracking number. Mines set for delivery 6/9/12 but since its coming from PA to NJ I'm hopeful for tommorow
But were you charged? I haven't been yet.

Upvote 0
My whiny story,
or
"A Tale of Two Preorders"

Ordered one for my wife (16GB, white) on 6/6 @ 7:22 PM.
Order status updated on 7/3.
Credit card charged on 7/3.
Shipment notification email from Verizon on 7/4.
FedEx shipping updated on 7/5, "2Day Service" (?!), estimated delivery on 7/9 (?!).

Ordered one for myself (16GB, blue) on 6/6 @ 7:50 PM (28 minutes later!).
Order status? Still no change.
Credit card charged? Nope!
Email from Verizon? Nada!

VERIZON, Y U NO LIKE CHIVALRY

Reactions: andross77
Upvote 0
Anyone have any luck with in-store pre-orders?? If stores are selling them on the 10th, in theory would they fulfill their pre-orders first technically??? Anyone want to give some input on that thought?

In a perfect world, yes, but I'm starting to believe that in reality no. You will fail if you start trying to think logically about how Verizon does things. I frankly don't see any logic on how preorders are fulfilled, but yes it seems like those that ordered online are having much better luck with receiving their phones...again no real logic in why that is the case.

Think about the post office, you take something directly to them versus putting mail in your own mailbox, and generally things move quicker (within reason of course, since we are talking about snail mail).

Upvote 0
Well I got my SG3 16GB this afternoon about 1PM, which was pretty exciting...unfortunately I'm also in the group of people who can't get it to activate. Tried using the phone number provided, three times OTA, then went to the local Verizon store where the gentleman there talked with tech support for a half hour. Eventually transferred me to level 2 tech support, but they couldn't force the phone to activate. The IMEI number provided simply is not in their system; they said they'd e-mail the activation department but the turn-around time is 24-72 hours.

Anyone have any other suggestions, other than patience? :D

Pretty box though! Classy. Phone feels nice too, very different from my Droid X.

Upvote 0
How crap! I just got charged too! Can't believe that making a negative definitive post trick worked!

Not working for me so much. I've posted a lot of negative, slanderous crap on here today but no updates.

Superstitious much? I'm off to walk under a ladder AND cross in front of a black cat, break a mirror while opening an umbrella (ella, ella, ella) indoors, spill some salt, and go put my feet up on the table.

Reactions: tsdsbn
Upvote 0
Well I got my SG3 16GB this afternoon about 1PM, which was pretty exciting...unfortunately I'm also in the group of people who can't get it to activate. Tried using the phone number provided, three times OTA, then went to the local Verizon store where the gentleman there talked with tech support for a half hour. Eventually transferred me to level 2 tech support, but they couldn't force the phone to activate. The IMEI number provided simply is not in their system; they said they'd e-mail the activation department but the turn-around time is 24-72 hours.

Anyone have any other suggestions, other than patience? :D

Pretty box though! Classy. Phone feels nice too, very different from my Droid X.

Others have said that VZ is still uploading the phone IDs into there system. I would guess late tonight or tomorrow morning will be go time.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine in the store before June 18th. I called today and they told me if you have a ship date of the 10th you'll receive it the 12th or 13th. So pissed off right now. I asked if I could just pick it up in the store and they told me I couldnt without losing my unlimited data.

So basically if you pre-ordered the phone, youre getting it AFTER they have it in the stores.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine in the store before June 18th. I called today and they told me if you have a ship date of the 10th you'll receive it the 12th or 13th. So pissed off right now. I asked if I could just pick it up in the store and they told me I couldnt without losing my unlimited data.

So basically if you pre-ordered the phone, youre getting it AFTER they have it in the stores.

The price you pay to keep your data

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones