1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerofld, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dukes

Dukes Newbie

UPDATE: Received the email confirmation from VZW w/ a tracking number. Phone is scheduled for Monday delivery. FEDEX shows that it's shipping 'Standard Overnight'. Honestly, I don't remember whether it showed free overnight or free 2nd day shipping when I ordered, but it appears that some phones that are shipping today could arrive Monday.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Don't worry I will take good care of them over the weekend for ya!!

kymberlin likes this.
  3. cmybliss

cmybliss Android Enthusiast

North bay for me, which means no 4G until God knows when. But at least the weather's nice.:rolleyes:

Shipping update: originally scheduled to be delivered by 4:00 on the 10th. has now changed to 7:00.

4. Paznos

Paznos Android Enthusiast

Same here, I thought since the status changed yesterday evening that it would ship out yesterday but I guess not.

5. rkv3434

rkv3434 Newbie

Just received email from Verizon saying the phone has shipped and will arrive on the 9th. (Standard Overnight via FedEx)

Ordered in store on the 15th.

6. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast

Greetings all,

Just some info.

Ordered on 6/10 online.

CC charged 7/5

Sitting in my wifes office charging now 7/6

My order changed status changed at about 8:00 p.m. last night

32 pebble blue.

Again, not rubbing noses in it, just letting you know.

7. DroidJW

DroidJW Guest

Are calls required to activate? I've only ever activated online (though one required a CSR when online activation repeatedly failed)

8. Thechidz

Thechidz Well-Known Member

So i know that syncing my new phone with google will make having all my contacts, texts via google voice and emails very easy. How about apps will all my apps be available when I enter my google information? Also, if I have apps stored on my sd card will they be very easy to access from my new phone? Im coming from a rooted thunderbolt so I am hoping that the apps I saved to my sd card will easily be available on my new phone when I insert the sd card???

9. Xoji

Xoji Newbie

It's charging, but here's the box!

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p17/xoji/?action=view&current=IMG_20120706_131243.jpg

10. StuDaddy

StuDaddy Newbie

Mine took from 4:00PM to 10:50AM (almost 19 hours) to go from Coatsville PA to Newark NJ. Must be that holiday traffic/construction/tollbooth/Jersey Driver thang ;)

11. treb1797

Better safe then sorry to speak to someone when activating so nothing gets changed w/ your plan. This is more for the unlimited data folks.

12. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast

no. Seems like more have had issues calling than if activating ota or online. A few that got their phones early in the day yesterday had problems activating, but that was phone Id issues, not unlimited data.

13. vlrenfro

vlrenfro Newbie

I'm just looking at all these shipping today getting it Monday posts and getting angrier and angrier. VZW website says shipped 7/3, card was charged 7/4, order info said overnight, and it won't get here until Monday. I just want to know why. It seems like there's only a very small percentage of us that got 2-day and it drives me nuts that I don't know why.

On the bright side, at least I'll have a reason to be happy to go to work Monday, and at that point I won't give a hoot how many overnights are going out.:p

14. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Member

Did someone say it was 2 hours or 12 hours after the status changes to "Your order has been sent for processing." before you get the tracking info/email?

Called the automated line just now, says order has been shipped and should have in 2 buisness days, but when I pushed 1 for the tracking number says "phone is activated" lol.. guess doesn't have a tracking number quite yet.

15. grossie

grossie Member

Mine is safe & sound in my kitchen. Fedex came as promised & left it outside per my instructions. I won't be home until about 3:30, so I'll have to wait!

Interestingly the Verizon website still doesn't have a tracking number!

16. rkv3434

rkv3434 Newbie

Mine took about 2 hours today.

17. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Curse Best Buy and their 12 months same as cash and 60 day return policy!!!! I could have preordered from VZW and been somebody! Didn't even need the SAC, but the 60 days is nice.... drats.

18. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Member

Alright cool.

19. psipher

psipher Newbie

Ordered mine June 27th and had original Ship-by-Date of July 11th
    .....got tracking number this morning with a delivery date of July 9th :-D

20. uhohsteveo

uhohsteveo Newbie

AHHHH just saw on my statement a pending charge from VZW.

Ordered 6/16 online from California.

Checked online, and have the little + with no info yet, but AHHH!!

I need to pee now!

21. treb1797

Plenty of "reception" time :laugh: .

rushmore likes this.
  22. DahDee

DahDee Newbie

Jul 6, 2012 12:04 PM
    Delivery exception
    Customer not available or business closed

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Guess I'm driving 30 minutes this evening to pick it up at the 'local' FedEx facility when it's available after 7:30 p.m. :rolleyes:

23. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

I see Verizon finally posted on the their Galaxy S3 page "Available for purchase on 7/10"

24. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

Just so everyone is aware, if you live at an apartment, leaving a note will not guarantee that you receive the package. FedEx (unless you know the driver and is really cool with him/her) will not drop it off. Finding that out right now...

25. Paznos

Paznos Android Enthusiast

Expected Ship date finally returned to the order status screen after disappearing last night So it went from 7/9 to 7/11 to nothing and then back to 7/11.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews