• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't get mine to work, but maybe mine didn't ship.

Was your order number 7 digits? You just added 2 zero's in front? So your referance number looked like W123456_001234567 ?

yeah it was 7 numbers for order location and order number so A123456_001234567 then put US, then zip code, left account number blank, I didn't add anything more or less, just followed the directions to the T. If your order number was less I think it said to add 4 0000's to it or try adding it.

Upvote 0
Mine got delivered today around 1:30 PM... Pebble Blue 16gb. Though I'm at work for another 45 minutes.

Ordered a 64gb microSD and have been using it in my DINC since I got it to make sure it works properly. I should be able to just swap out the SD and use it without having to reformat it correct? (if it makes a difference, my DINC is on ICS 4.0.4)

I'm wondering how long will it take for me to break down and root it (when roms are availble for the VZW handset that is). I've been using CM builds for well over a year so I've gotten so used to stock, not sure how much I'll like TouchWiz. May just end up tossing Apex until I can root it.

I've been thinking about that same swap, and the first thing that comes to mind is that I know there are several folders on my DX SD card that were generated by the phone, not by me or by apps I use looking to save a file. There are 8 folders with names that start with a period, such as .android_secure, .wftfiles, etc. So I have decided what I am going to do, after saving my last full SD backup on the DX to my PC when the S3 arrives, is format the SD and then copy only the files I want to carry back onto it from the PC before I insert it into the S3. Nice clean start that way, but still keeping the music files, etc. that I usually carry.

Upvote 0
Valid points but I didn't have unlimited data, I just switched to Verizon in Feb. As for service. Their service WAS excellent. Up until about 6 weeks ago. My Razr Maxx kept losing service. I couldn't be on the internet for more than 3-4 minutes before it would drop the connection. Then when I could keep a connection, LTE speeds were nowhere close to what they had been. Was lucky to get 2-3Mbps down and 1 up. Tons of people have been posting about problems on this forum and not just Razr users, happening on the Rezound as well. Tried swapping SIM cards and even phones, nothing works. Its a network problem and I refuse to pay $158 a month for a POS network. The final straw that forced me to AT&T was the locked boot loader on Verizon. Completley inexcusable. I have had AT&T in the past and their network is just as good as Verizon in this area and about $40 a month cheaper.

Upvote 0
Woke up to an email from Verizon saying my phone shipped. Checked FedEx link and saw my order has been picked up and is shipping overnight. Ordered 2 S3's (a white and blue 16gb). Placed the order a bit late on June 25, so thought it might be a while since there hadn't been any activity on my card yesterday and the Verizon page still said it would ship by July 11. Very excited.

Upvote 0
My Razr Maxx kept losing service. I couldn't be on the internet for more than 3-4 minutes before it would drop the connection.
Then when I could keep a connection, LTE speeds were nowhere close to what they had been.
The final straw that forced me to AT&T was the locked boot loader on Verizon.
I have had AT&T in the past and their network is just as good as Verizon in this area and about $40 a month cheaper.

All fair points

Upvote 0
Well i just got the email i have been waiting for. i ordered the blue 16 gb on june 20th. says i should have it 7/10/12 by 3:00pm.

Does it say the package was picked up in tranist or anything? I still haven't gotten the email but I used the work around and got my FedEx info.

Mine says info sent to FedEx but hasn't been picked up or anything.

Upvote 0
The problem here is your with AT&T, no one here cares about your story, your trolling or anything to due with U. This thread is for people with Verizon who are waiting for thier pre order, looking for updated release info and just a general speculation around the S3 ie, shipping, charges on accounts and anything else around that.

Go away.

Easy there. A lot of us are pissed, as we should be, that Verizon has apparently decided to cut off pre orders and put them in the store to sell to people. If they can't ship them to pre order people before 7/19 then those people should have "dibbs" on those phones. Kinda defeats the purpose of "pre ordering" if you could get it in store earlier. If they don't make this right they deserve some venom.

Upvote 0
Woke up to an email from Verizon saying my phone shipped. Checked FedEx link and saw my order has been picked up and is shipping overnight. Ordered 2 S3's (a white and blue 16gb). Placed the order a bit late on June 25, so thought it might be a while since there hadn't been any activity on my card yesterday and the Verizon page still said it would ship by July 11. Very excited.

Same with me :) Said the 11th, got the shipping email this morning around 10 with my tracking number but nothing comes up on Fedex page. Expected ship date July 8th (TODAY!!!) Cant check credit card activity because I ordered it through a store and paid them on the spot. Hooray discounts!

Upvote 0
Woohoo! Just got my email from Verizon with the tracking number!:D

I ordered online 16gb blue 6/24 just after midnight. I was just logging in to check my bank for the charge when the email popped up. I had seen the "+" on Verizion's Order status last night around 9PM, and that my bank had earmarked the funds for the purchase.

Slated for delivery on the 10th:

Ship date
helpIcon.gif

Jul 8, 2012

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Jul 10, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Shipment Facts

Service type
Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
helpIcon.gif

Shipment Travel History
Help

Select time zone:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time
Activity​
Location​
Details​

Jul 8, 2012 12:52 PM
Picked up

MEMPHIS, TN​

I'm a little surprised to see "picked up" on a Sunday, but I'll take it! Guess I better hit up Amazon Prime and pick a case! :)

Upvote 0
I got my shipping email. However no information is available on the fedex page. When I go to the order status page it gives me a tracking number with the plus sign, when I go to the other order status page it gives me a shipped date of 7/5. I highly doubt it left Thursday and has no information in the system. But, I'm excited one way or another! Just now having to find out when it will be here is the new game!

Edit: OK so one page says shipped date 7/5 (date my CC was charged) other site says expected ship date 7/8 hmmm....

Upvote 0
I got my shipping email. However no information is available on the fedex page. When I go to the order status page it gives me a tracking number with the plus sign, when I go to the other order status page it gives me a shipped date of 7/5. I highly doubt it left Thursday and has no information in the system. But, I'm excited one way or another! Just now having to find out when it will be here is the new game!

Well, as a lot of you know, when a vendor sends a confirmation email and tracking number that says your order is "shipped" all that really means is that they printed the shipping label and assigned it a number for the carrier to track it. It doesn't necessarily mean the box went anywhere yet. :) There is a time lag between that event and when, in this case, FedEx actually acquires the package. So being on a Sunday, hard to say when your tracking info will show up ( I was really surprises mine did), but sometime tomorrow morning it may likely show up with detailed information.

Upvote 0
so try A123456_00001234567
My order number was only five digits and while in limbo, padding with four, five or six leading zeroes alone didn't work for me. I finally got the shipment notification email and tracking number this morning. With that, I was able to see that the second half of my reference number was my order number padded with four zeroes *and* with a trailing 01. So my reference number format looked like:

A123456_00001234501

My status is shipping email received, have FedEx tracking number, but charge card not yet hit. Ordered 16GB blue late on 06/27 via verizonwireless.com. Could have sworn I was offered overnight shipping but getting 2-day. Per FedEx, ship date is July 8 and estimated delivery is July 11 by 7 PM. I'm no math genius but that adds up to three days on my fingers.

Hmmm, I just delurked. Guess I'd better go introduce myself.

-Dan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones