• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has arrived!

I activated the phone, with the 1-800 # on the booklet poped in the sim card and the sd card, turned on the phone and it took like 2 or 3 mins, worked great and it was easy. Went on my verizon and checked, still have unlimited data. Shows new contract end date and the new phone.

VERY nice, love the style, the menu everything about it.

Reception seems fine all around the house.

The phone is not purple, srsly ppl. It's more of a Blue/Gray, only purple hue I could see is the home button under certin light.

Just waiting for my OtterBox to ship now and the phone will be complete.

I'm going to check out other threads but still lurk this one.

Thanks to all the put up with my crap :)

Upvote 0
Be sure to turn the light off when you leave.:D

That'll be the Best Buy guys!

So...had it for a few hours, installed many of the Apps I was familar with on my Droid X but have killed the battery already so i'm giving it a full charge before I get back on it tonight.
Like many of you I checked my pan online and thankfully unlimited still intact.

Really looking forwards to customizing it so will spend the next hour checking out the screenshot thread.

Upvote 0
So you guys will love this.. left the phone on the charger today after receiving it to let it have a full charge. When I turned it on I noticed the screen has two lengthy scratches on it. YAY TO ME!

I went to the local VZW store, and the guy tells me they won't have any until Thursday and that I'm basically at the grace of them having it in stock. I call VZW support, and when she tries to order me a new one, it won't let her until the 12th and that I wouldn't receive it until next Tuesday... a week from now. Since I haven't activated it, she doesn't want me to. No offer of waiving the upgrade fee or anything, just a "Sorry for this. You can try to exchange it in the store or call back on Thursday."

I'll try my luck with a store, cause I'm betting her placing a new order would lead to the 'accidental' loss of my unlimited data, even though she assured it wouldn't. Sigh..

Upvote 0
Mine came at 12:39 today - was switched to Verizon rep on activaion attempt, All went erll and I got them to reierate my unlimited was still here. While I was out, my son's ex-wife got a new phone in a store and switched the entire plan to Share Everything. I found this out when I returned and signed on to Verizon as a check. Verizon tells me, :though sh**, you lost it." Now I guess my son will have to pay all overages on my line and my grandson's line because he was too cheap to cover his ex's $30 2GB plan. Verizon sas this change is irreversible and I have nothing to stand on to complain.

Wait, who's account is this? Yours? You gave her account rights?? I have a plan w 3 other ppl and I am the ONLY one authorized to make changes to the account, for reasons like this! Damn, so sorry to hear :(

Upvote 0
Got my phone today at 3:00pm which was nice since I thought I'd get it closer to 7, charged it up and didn't play with it til a bit later but now everything is setup and have been playing with it for over 3 hours it's pretty awesome, I get about 2bars of LTE at home with a signal between -108 to -111dbm which is good I guess for my first LTE phone but my Fios connection is still faster than it though.

I activated my sim card online and everything went smoothly and my unlimited data is still intact. The phone gets pretty warm but I was using it quite a bit downloading all my apps and screen on most of the time but the phone is super smooth and fast I love it.

Upvote 0
Got my phone today at 3:00pm which was nice since I thought I'd get it closer to 7, charged it up and didn't play with it til a bit later but now everything is setup and have been playing with it for over 3 hours it's pretty awesome, I get about 2bars of LTE at home with a signal between -108 to -111dbm which is good I guess for my first LTE phone but my Fios connection is still faster than it though.

I activated my sim card online and everything went smoothly and my unlimited data is still intact. The phone gets pretty warm but I was using it quite a bit downloading all my apps and screen on most of the time but the phone is super smooth and fast I love it.

LTE and FIOS??

Lucky son of a biscuit....

;)

Upvote 0
Woot! Got my phone today!! It arrived 6 minutes AFTER I left for work!! :'( I didnt leave a note for them to leave the phone, I just couldnt risk it with my luck.. But I called 1800FedEx and they told me to just pick it up at the fedex location after 4 (my lunch time!!) and I did, I dont even remember the rest of the work day :D :D :D

So far - Im in love!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, See you on the flip side!!

Upvote 0
Mine came at 12:39 today - was switched to Verizon rep on activaion attempt, All went erll and I got them to reierate my unlimited was still here. While I was out, my son's ex-wife got a new phone in a store and switched the entire plan to Share Everything. I found this out when I returned and signed on to Verizon as a check. Verizon tells me, :though sh**, you lost it." Now I guess my son will have to pay all overages on my line and my grandson's line because he was too cheap to cover his ex's $30 2GB plan. Verizon sas this change is irreversible and I have nothing to stand on to complain.
Wait, who's account is this? Yours? You gave her account rights?? I have a plan w 3 other ppl and I am the ONLY one authorized to make changes to the account, for reasons like this! Damn, so sorry to hear :(
I think this is the key here. If it turns out that she was not authorized to make changes to the account, then VZW is clearly at fault. In which case, you might even have a valid legal case against VZW. In that case, you need to talk to higher ups and make it very clear that she was not authorized to make those changes to the account, and that VZW themselves were clearly at fault here. You could even try doing the tweet thing since they seem very responsive. Or, if going up the normal chain of customer service and tweeting fail, then it sounds like an email carpet bomb is in order. Provided that VZW really was in error here, and you attempted to correct it via the normal chain of command, they are very effective.

Upvote 0
Thursday can't come soon enough! :musicus:

As of last night, the local BBs still did not have them in, so unless a drop ship, it will be Friday- at the earliest for me. Though still mainly concerned with the reception, must admit the tint effect of the display kind of put a few holes in my sail. Ingnorance is bliss, since had I not compared to my Razr, I might not have noticed the dimmer display.

Upvote 0
I just got my email! :D

SamMax, damn you got an email already? Where are you located and what time is it near you? I preordered my S3 at Best buy as well on June 5th, one of the first to do so and have not got anything yet. My store doesn't open till 10am est though so don't know if that matters. What did your email say?

Man this is exciting I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!

Upvote 0
SamMax, damn you got an email already? Where are you located and what time is it near you? I preordered my S3 at Best buy as well on June 5th, one of the first to do so and have not got anything yet. My store doesn't open till 10am est though so don't know if that matters. What did your email say?

Man this is exciting I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!

It's 9:00 am my time (central) I'm in Indiana. Basically my order will be ready to pick up on July 12th. Bring copy of the email & photo ID. :D I ordered mine on June 8th.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones