• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can you guys help me out. I'm trying to order the 16gb from verizon but my total comes out to $282. I've talked to a CSR 4 times but none of them are ready to give me any discount. Last time I upgraded this line was in 2009 and my bill total is almost $200 per month. I even tried to get them to transfer me to the customer loyalty department, but they would not let me talk to them.

What are you guys saying to get these $50-$100 discounts? I asked them to just take out the upgrade fee and they said there is no way for them to do that. And from what I've read some people have had that fee waived.

Also, how long will they take preorders for this phone? I need to make sure I lock in my unlimited data. And is amazon going to have preorder before they take out unlimited data?

Thanks.

I'm guessing most of the folks who are getting the phone heavily discounted have some sort of corporate account. They tend to get big discounts on new phones.

Like I wrote earlier. When I called, they told me "no dice" on any discounts other than the $30 "new every 2". When I when online to pre-order, at checkout it had $130 in discounts listed. I'm assuming that's $30 for the "new every 2" and $100 for the 3G to 4G, but I can't be certain.

I have no link to a corporate account and have other reason why I would get this discount.

Reactions: 1stAndroid
Upvote 0
Hey can you guys help me out. I'm trying to order the 16gb from verizon but my total comes out to $282. I've talked to a CSR 4 times but none of them are ready to give me any discount. Last time I upgraded this line was in 2009 and my bill total is almost $200 per month. I even tried to get them to transfer me to the customer loyalty department, but they would not let me talk to them.

How do you come up with $282? Even if you get no discounts, a 16GB is $199 + $30 upgrade fee is $229. Nowhere has sales tax high enough to push that total to $282.

Reactions: Skeeter125
Upvote 0
Meh, I sort of take offense at those sentiments. I'm not saying I or any one else inherently deserves an entitlement or hand-out.

But I do believe it is unfair when Verizon has non-transparency in discount offerings and/or preferential treatment for a select few for reasons that are either undisclosed or lied about to others when questioned. (talking about VZW reps lying not our friends here on the forums)

Everyone should be entitled to fair treatment, if you went to the grocery store and the person in front of you was charged $1 for a box of cereal (no coupons or codes used), but they charged you $5 for the exact same product I'm positive you would not call yourself part of the "entitlement generation" for requesting equal treatment and pricing of goods.

that being said I think we are all super stoked for this new phone :) and I hope they ship it before July!

A little off topic but I can relate to this. I've seen where several unhappy VZW Galaxy Nexus owners were getting straight out exchanges for RAZR Maxx's. They would only offer me a RAZR. So I understand the frustration over inconsistent policy enforcement and discounting practices from VZW.

Reactions: 1stAndroid
Upvote 0
The release date is the 9th. I would imagine Verizon will ship them 2nd day like they do for most upgrade orders. So I am thinking the 6th,7th. Has anyone checked their order online? Do you get the order not found message? I am hoping mine wasn't lost.

Ships by 7/9 just means you can expect the device anytime between now and 7/9. When I ordered the Droid x two years ago. I made the order on 7/31 and it said shipped by 8/21 and I received it on 8/09 so take that for what its worth.

Upvote 0
It's looking like they will ship early, since best buy is getting them in on the 28th

To build on this evidence,

I just checked my order on VZW and they said my expected ship date was June 26th!

OF THE YEAR 9622!!!!!!!

So I guess this either means they are expected to ship early, I'll be waiting a LOOOOOOOONG time, or the VZW website order tracking has gone haywire due to heavy GS3 orders. LOL :D

Attachments

• expected delivery.PNG
    expected delivery.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
Best Buy is not part of Verizon, the date they get or start selling the phone has nothing to do with Verizon. Look at the pricing as evidence. Best Buy is just a much larger indirect dealer that just resells the service. I would be really surprised if our Verizon pre-orders get here before the 4th of July. Best-Buy customers might get lucky :)

Upvote 0
Best Buy is not part of Verizon, the date they get or start selling the phone has nothing to do with Verizon. Look at the pricing as evidence. Best Buy is just a much larger indirect dealer that just resells the service. I would be really surprised if our Verizon pre-orders get here before the 4th of July. Best-Buy customers might get lucky :)

Actually Verizon tells best buy when they can sell the phones and if they sell them before can get fined or lose contract with Verizon.

Upvote 0
Actually Verizon tells best buy when they can sell the phones and if they sell them before can get fined or lose contract with Verizon.

This is correct and I made an error in a previous post. I though Verizon confirmed July 9th as the release date. Apparently Verizon is just covering there ass and letting people know they latest people we will have the phone is the 9th so we might see a late june delivery. Sorry for the misinformation

Upvote 0
This is the first device I am 100% enthused about. All previous devices had known dings up front of one form or another: Hot running LTE, battery drainer, no sd card slot, poor display, low app storage, sd card slot stuck behind battery, fixed battery, fixed nav bar. etc. This appears to be the first device I can not peg a specific flaw from the get-go (as far as my perspective).

Of course, the radio reception is an unknown, but keeping fingers crossed :)

Upvote 0
The release date is the 9th. I would imagine Verizon will ship them 2nd day like they do for most upgrade orders. So I am thinking the 6th,7th. Has anyone checked their order online? Do you get the order not found message? I am hoping mine wasn't lost.

Make sure you use the pre-order number, not the order number and the exact last name on the order.

Upvote 0
I got the same error. You need to use the pre-order number ( that big long one) not the order number. Let us know what happens. I don't get a shipping date at all.

I get the same no record of order number whether I use the pre-order confirmation number (long one) or the order number (short one).

My order number is only five digits long. Does that seem correct?

Upvote 0
To build on this evidence,

I just checked my order on VZW and they said my expected ship date was June 26th!

OF THE YEAR 9622!!!!!!!

So I guess this either means they are expected to ship early, I'll be waiting a LOOOOOOOONG time, or the VZW website order tracking has gone haywire due to heavy GS3 orders. LOL :D

At least the June 26th part seems legit! Looks like the 28th is when we will all celebrate

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones