• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a silly question, but I am trying to ensure that I know exactly when this is shipped. The logical side of me is saying to relax and just wait until next week, but the "kid before Christmas" side of me is checking in here frequently and to hedge my bets checking my account to see if Verizon has taken the funds for the pre-order.

My question is this, will we finally be charged at the beginning of the shipping cycle or will that come closer to delivery? This is the first phone pre-order I have ever done so I was surprised that you aren't charged upfront and was wondering when in the process, they finally take my money.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Probably a silly question, but I am trying to ensure that I know exactly when this is shipped. The logical side of me is saying to relax and just wait until next week, but the "kid before Christmas" side of me is checking in here frequently and to hedge my bets checking my account to see if Verizon has taken the funds for the pre-order.

My question is this, will we finally be charged at the beginning of the shipping cycle or will that come closer to delivery? This is the first phone pre-order I have ever done so I was surprised that you aren't charged upfront and was wondering when in the process, they finally take my money.

Thanks!

You will be charged the day or maybe even the day before the phone is shipped.

Reactions: Bloozman13
Upvote 0

So just like me you folks did not buy this? But it is from the International Business Times it must be accurate :)

What I read from this is two things:

1) Those poor folk with the Nexus running JB are running it improperly since they only have 1gb of ram. They must be limping along.

2) Those poor folk with the International S3 are Scr3w3d. They have been taken :)

PS... US Version of the S3 FTW!! We are going to have Dual Core 2GB JB goodness :)

Upvote 0
My 4th of July plans: I will constantly check my order status. Sometimes I scroll left to right and copy and paste. Other times I scroll right to left. I am having a great time!!

I am taking the 4th off from checking my phone status. I figure that pretty much everyone is off tomorrow so the chance of anything significant happening is slim to none.

I will be back on Thursday in full force checking updates at the mercy of my phone-anxiety-created OCD. ;)

Upvote 0
/me devises a plan to release manufactured "tid-bits" later this evening thereby thwarting Bloozman13's plan :)

These "tid-bits" will be sooooo good that he will HAVE to check tomorrow just to see if they are even remotely true :)

In Barney Stinson fashion, "Challenge accepted!"

Also, since Verizon was brought into this, here is my Python.

"One day lad, all this will be yours"

"What? The curtains."

Upvote 0
My 4th of July plans: I will constantly check my order status. Sometimes I scroll left to right and copy and paste. Other times I scroll right to left. I am having a great time!!

On VZW how exactly do you check your status for our PO's?

this http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/orderstatus/OrderStatusForm

My white, 32gb says "Expected Ship Date: 07/09/2012" which I think puts me in day 1 of supposed ship dates of 9th, 10th, 11th we have seen.

Upvote 0
Lock,

On your confirmation email you should notice a link near the top that allows you to track your order.

I never got an email. They sent me a text which I promptly deleted :) I had to call a week later and be like WTF? where is my transaction data... so I have it written down, no links.

Either way, the above link works.

Upvote 0
Omg...Omg.... Next week at this time !!!! Oh wait, allow me to calm my nerves and stop drooling ! So, the question is, how obsessed would I appear to be if I took the day off work in order to insure the mastering of this device prior to resuming my normal boring work schedule.
I can see it now....
yes it's final.... No work for me :)

Your going to have to be home to sign for it w/ the FedEx guy so why not make a day of it!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones