1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] Recover SMS (Titanitum?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whiskeyguy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    I just flashed a new rom, and then of course did a Titanium restore which went fine except for one thing... none of my SMS were restored.

Now this normally wouldn't be an issue because GO SMS (which I use) use to back them up, but I noticed that's now a premium feature so the app stopped doing that.

When I did the factory restore, I didn't restore any system data, any type of Google App, or anything in red. Could I find my SMS messages in one of those things I didn't restore?

Advertisement

2. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    There should be a Green highlighted option in your Restore List for MMS/SMS I think?

whiskeyguy and jmar like this.
  3. jmar

jmar Nexican
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    San Jose, CA
    There will be an XML logo for the one to backup. This is an add on to what the above post states.

whiskeyguy likes this.
  4. whiskeyguy

None

Apr 1, 2010
    Found the item but nothing was restored... I must not have backed up my SMS in the first place. Thanks anyway.

5. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    No problem. I always do a full backup of all system apps and data or whatever that option is on TiBu. Then I just selectively restore afterwards, and am very minimalistic on what I bring back. If it's something that I absolutely HAVE to have the info with, I'll restore it. Everything else, I usually just re-download from the Play Store. But my messages I usually backup through the MMS/SMS option for restoring, then I reinstall GoSMS afterwards. The only issue I ever have, is messages in my private box don't seem to restore through the app, probably because the stock app doesn't have them saved, so it can't back them up normally. I have restored GoSMS through TiBu though, and had them saved. Depends on if there is anything in it I want to keep that I haven't saved off yet. Reminds me, some of those are getting lengthy, I should probably purge some lol.

6. whiskeyguy

None

Apr 1, 2010
    Actually in fixing another problem I got my SMS back!

For some reason gapps installed incorrectly when I flashed it, so I went through the entire process again, and when I did the Titanium restore this time my texts were back. I think the stock Messenger app was corrupted, which is why Go SMS didn't see the restored texts (because neither did the stock app). Anyway, everything worked out great this time. I might actually cough up the money for Go SMS Pro so it can backup to Dropbox.

jmar likes this.
  7. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Awesome that they came back with the gapps reload! I might do the same, if for nothing else, to get rid of the annoying theme messages that come in way too often lol.

jmar likes this.
Tags: