• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Redemption Rom v1.2 AOSP 4.0.4 UPDATE April 3rd

what is the advantage of being more ASOP? Isn't the whole point of using a rom because you think stock can be improved upon?

yeah if you feel that way.

personally stock does everything i need it to ATM. So all i want is a AOSP Stock rom with performance and battery life tweeks done to it. So i'm sitting tight on 1.0.2 for now. I'll just stay in the Kernel game i guess.

Upvote 0
cool. I'll check out his video. I'm loving those vids he does for his releases.

Currently i'm still on 1.0.2 with 1.6.1 leankernel

Yeah his videos rock such a unique presentation!

How is 1.6.1 doing for you they are noted as having battery drain issues, some of which I experienced myself. Have you noticed anything wonky going on?

Upvote 0
This rom is awesome.

That is all.

Well maybe not so awesome lol. At least in battery life dept.

Today battery life is not as good. I also noticed today (for the first time ever) that Android OS is top dog for battery chewing. Interesting. Not sure if its ROM or kernel related.

Did you flash this yet trophy? If so, what kernel are you running?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
yeah flashed it last night before going to bed. This am i flashed the Defiant kernel that is in the redemption folder of the rom. So we'll see. Also i just checked and you are correct. the OS is now top on the list of battery haters. But that may not be a bad thing really. I'll know more by the end of the day. So far its looking acceptable at least.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
yeah flashed it last night before going to bed. This am i flashed the Defiant kernel that is in the redemption folder of the rom. So we'll see. Also i just checked and you are correct. the OS is now top on the list of battery haters. But that may not be a bad thing really. I'll know more by the end of the day. So far its looking acceptable at least.

Thanks man was curious if anyone else running it was experiencing the same thing. I installed a dark mms theme last night and am wondering if that was causing it. Due to that, I am running a restore right now. Also gonna hit Lou up on Twitter. 1.0.4 was better for me in terms of battery life.

Upvote 0
this was a little lighter than normal use for me today. Still not too shabby.

1zyy3a8.png

jzqzp.png

2ak9rw8.png

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
yeah battery life was a little better on Leankernel for me. Performance is probably a little better or about the same on the DefiantV2.

Hopefully Lou updates both Redemption and his kernel soon. This past weekend i think he did some beta testing with 1.0.6 so he may have found a few issues in it and maybe that is why it hasn't been updated yet. I haven't tried Franco but that may be next on my list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones