• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Refurb Saga...

BlueDC2

Android Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2010
So here is the tl;dr of my last few days...

I had a phone with a proximity sensor that liked to intermittently not work, would turn the phone off even when it was away from my head, and wouldn't wake up when in a call.

I call tech support, do all the bs with the resets, it still does it. They said go to a verizon store and if you can replicate it you get a new phone.

So I went to my local VZW store, talk to them, they don't do refurbs/trade ins whatever...Gives me the number for the warrenty...

Call them, they say to go to the other store, they will call ahead, and I can go in and out with the new phone...

I go to that store, tlak to them, and then he says he has to replicate the problem because it's intermittent...While the employee messed with that, we were talking. He said this had even happened to his phone. Even more interesting, he was telling me and my mom (primary account holder :D ) about how he has had 2.1 before it came out, even though it wasn't legal ;) He didn't notice that I was on v3, but whatever.

Long story short, it eventually happened, I got my refurb, now root so I don't have to deal with stupid bugs like 50% w/o signal etc. etc.

Good for you!

We are stopping in today for my wife's Eris. She is having horrible dialer lag and F.C. when trying to answer calls.

I am hoping for a new phone, I will take that and have them replace mine to hers, then I can root. And for the long shot, I am going to see if I can upgrade and pay the difference and get the Incredible...a very long shot.

Upvote 0
So they had you call the extended warranty people not Verizon? Just curious.

It went:

-Tech support (useless)
-Verizon Store (gave me number for manufacturers warrenty)
-Manufacturers warrenty people (we can send you one or go pick it up now at the other store)
-other store.

**If you call the warrenty people for the 1 year warrenty, GET THEM TO SEND IT TO YOU, going to the store is a pain in the ass and is totally annoying**

Also, I think it's funny that the guy there was on leaked 2.1...

Reactions: ithejdi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones