1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Verizon release

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kenjuu, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Kenjuu

Kenjuu Newbie

I just went to Verizon with my wife to get her phone repaired and I got lots of shiny information.:D First off I got to play with one of the dummy units that they have and if the weight is accurate, it feels great. Anyone used to a fascinate or similarly weighted phone would find it a bit heavy tho. I spoke with the manager of the store and I was told that the phone wont be released until the 25th or 26th. I asked what the upgrade price would be but he said he had no clue and wouldnt lie to me about it. But he said most likely it would be 299.99 with a 50.00 rebate.

On another note, due to the nature of our conversation i was told to bring a resume with me when i get my phone. He was impressed with my knowledge of the android system and wants to hire me:cool:

Advertisement

2. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

We needed a new speculation thread, why?

Oh I know! To post funny pics!

[​IMG]

jcbsides likes this.
  3. Kenjuu

Kenjuu Newbie

Im not speculating anything. I come into these forums for up to date information about this phone. Im just trying to put in my experience to help someone else out

4. JustinHEMI

No, it is speculation, just like all the phone calls I made today. All the people were speculating. Point was, that there is at least 2 other threads about release dates out there.

5. Eleer

Eleer Member

[​IMG]

I'm with HEMI, I don't understand why you had to make a thread that was COMPLETELY irrelevant. There is a thread at the top that has a huge (ridiculous) discussion about this. It seems that all the stores have different launch dates, and some of the stores don't even know what they are talking about. We will ALL find out when the phone has been officially confirmed by Verizon Wireless. Nobody knows FOR SURE when this device is coming out.

6. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

well now there's only one other thread, so lets keep it to these two ;)

7. broady

broady Member

I called 10 different Verizon Stores from Abingdon Va to Knoxville TN and they all said clearly and sure of themselves that the release was 2/24/11.

Eleer likes this.
  8. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

I like the sound of that

9. GFA

GFA Android Enthusiast

I'm in that same area so I hope it's true. Getting very impatient.

10. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member

Now hear is a new one for ya! Care of Droid Life Comments:

"so i just heard something new from my local verizon rep, and maybe this is old news, but it was a shock to me. first off, i prefaced with the fact that i was off-contract and was looking for the most advanced phone, which led her to ask, "are you talking about the thunderbolt?" she immediately said that they officially were allowed to go public with the the feb 24 launch date (this is near atlanta, fyi.) i asked why this wasn't published and she only speculated that it had to do with iphone sales.

after asking several questions about signal strength and 4g-related questions, she told me that on the 24th, the thunderbolt would be available, but would only run on the 3g cdma network until summer, when they would officially launch the mobile 4g lte network. this means that no matter where you are, the thunderbolt will only be 3g till some time this summer. she called it a "4g ready" phone, to be later upgraded to 4g."

11. broady

broady Member

Me to, I sold my Droid X 2/14/11 so on 15th i got a crappy iphone 4 and i am just praying the TB will come out really soon. I have following it closely online. Just received a text from the KIngsport Verizon store that 24th was good for the release date.

12. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

lmao, that's the worst lie i've heard yet.

13. GFA

GFA Android Enthusiast

come on jay, let us hope lol

14. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member

IKR... EVERYONE knows it will have just 4G and no 3G until next year so that way you need two VZW phones (both with data plans), one for voice and the other for web. I wish all this will end on Sunday!!!

15. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

what?

Whoever said you'd need both?

You'd just kick off to 3G if you left a 4G zone.

16. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member

It was a poor attempt at humor...

17. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

very poor, lol

18. rdubbs007

rdubbs007 Well-Known Member

bad form lol

19. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

I thought it was funny...

20. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member

I also slipped poor grammar by the Grammar Gestapo "Now hear...." should be "Now here..." Freudian slip .... can you here me now?

21. rdubbs007

rdubbs007 Well-Known Member

From now on we are not going to post a correction to the post's grammar, we will simply post our ultra double secret undercover seal of disapproval in reference to the violating post:

[​IMG]

22. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member

23. JustinHEMI

Don't forget the period at the end of your sentence. :D

[​IMG]

24. Drew66

Drew66 Well-Known Member