1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General verizon replacement question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HadouGhost, Sep 22, 2011.

1. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    verizon sent me a brand new droid 3 in box and everything and i have to return the old phone...

am i able to keep the cables/charger port that it came with??

Advertisement

2. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    if its new for new yes, sometimes no but to be safe and not get little stupid charges , id say return it , verizon has become strict as hell

3. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    The last time I got a replacement phone (about a year ago, maybe 8 months) I was told explicitly NOT to send any of the cables--just the handset/battery. They might have changed this policy in the meantime. For what it's worth, it took me all of five minutes on the phone to get an answer if you want to be sure.

I'm curious: how'd you get a brand new one out of them? I'm holding off to see if the software update fixes the issues I'm having (the physical keyboard is acting up on me), but if it doesn't, I've been told I'll be getting a "certified new" model, which I'm none-too-thrilled about. Did you have to pester them for it, or did they just offer you a new one straight up?

4. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2010

i was within my 14 days. they call it the ''worry free gurantee'' so i was entitled to 1 free -new- replacement.

5. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    ok you have to send back everything if its in the worry free time or you get charged for whatever they dnt get back. i know this because i use to work there awhiles back and i still had friends that work there, and i went through the same process with my thunderbolt and droid x2. you have to give it back or get charged.