• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon replacing broken DINC with DINC2

The issues I was having with my Incredible were caused by the gingerbread update. Because they couldn't guaranty that any Incredible they sent me would be ginger free, they sent me an Inc2 as a replacement. But, this only happened after 2 in store visits, a factory reset, and four phone calls. Most of the csr's thought it was a fair deal for me to buy a new phone to replace the one they broke. Umm, I don't think so.

Upvote 0
I am having charging port issues that date back to when I installed the OTA. I don't know if my charging port issues are related to the update or if the timing is a coincidence.

My question is, I did not receive the OTA. I was impatient and decided to flash the OTA. I am running 2.3.4, non-rooted (never has been rooted) . My question is, will my flashing of the OTA be an issue for me when I take the phone in to Verizon for a potential warranty replacement?

I am afraid they will say that my actions voided the warranty. I have the total equipment warranty package. Is this a valid concern?

Any help/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I got all excited reading through this thread because I've had the persistent "Low disk space" problem and second OTA update not installing problem that nobody can seem to fix, then realized that my phone is out of warranty because I've had it for more than a year and I do not have the total equipment coverage. Bummer for me. :(

Upvote 0
I got all excited reading through this thread because I've had the persistent "Low disk space" problem and second OTA update not installing problem that nobody can seem to fix, then realized that my phone is out of warranty because I've had it for more than a year and I do not have the total equipment coverage. Bummer for me. :(

I was in the same boat and didn't qualify for the weekend special (free dinc2 with new 2-yr contract).

I just spent 2 days learning to root my phone with the help of a particular GENIUS here in the forums (and input/help from a couple of others, as well) and it's a success. I'm a middle-aged married lady, could be gramma to some of you and I was able to do it with the right help.

I now have a rooted dinc with the latest gingerbread and it's working great.
My next task is to fix the Low On Space issue. You must be rooted to do it, and it's much easier if you haven't yet upgraded to gingerbread.

I'd say read the "Teaching Gramma to root her incredible" thread in All Things Root (Incredible) forum and see if you could follow it, I bet you could.
The update not installing may have done you a favor.

BTW that happened to me too, after rooting, so I went in and deleted/moved what I could until I freed up enough space, then it installed just fine.
I can't wait to tackle the Low On Space issue, that's next up.

Upvote 0
I was in the same boat and didn't qualify for the weekend special (free dinc2 with new 2-yr contract).

I'm not referring to a new contract; I'm referring to a warranty replacement, as the original poster of this thread described, which does not affect the status of your current contract.

I can't wait to tackle the Low On Space issue, that's next up.

That's my entire issue, and it's been occurring since before I upgraded to Gingerbread. The upgrade did not fix it, and the secondary update continuously tries to install and fails.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread. So to get back on subject, my point is that I cannot take advantage of this apparent, recent offer from Verizon as my phone is out of warranty and I do not have Total Equipment Coverage.

Upvote 0
I'm not referring to a new contract; I'm referring to a warranty replacement, as the original poster of this thread described, which does not affect the status of your current contract.
**snip**

Yes, that's what i meant. I should have inserted an ALSO. I am out of warranty and also did not qualify for a free new phone, so my option was fixing the one I have. Which I am doing, with lots of help!

edit: My phone is now fixed! No more Low On Space! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones