1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon reporting 4G issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TxGoat, Dec 21, 2011.

1. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Just in case anyone is experiencing 4G issues, I just got off the phone with Verizon and they told me that there is a nationwide outage. Their ETA is 12/22. I hope this has nothing to do with the Nexus issues... To be continued....

Oh and per Verizon, they advised me to stay on 3G until they resolve their network issues.

And one more thing, I would've posted in the Carrier section, but figured people in here might have questions about their 4G not working....Too bad we don't have a 4G section on top of each phone section that fans out to all 4G phones on Verizon.....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. se22

se22 Lurker

Yes, I agree, we need a central spot/forum to discuss these system wide outages, now that VZ 4G has been out at least 3 days this month.
    Folks are wasting time thinking its one phone or one brand during these outages.
    And a big Booo to VZ for not admitting what the heck is going on.

Samsung Stratosphere user for 3 weeks.

3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Hmmm, apparently it wasnt the 24 hour outage reported by the rep on the phone. Go figure...4 bars 4G now. I wonder how the Nexus crowd is holding up.....heh....

4. maximus20895

maximus20895 Member

I didn't have 4G in Knoxville this morning, but now it seems to be working!

5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

At least I saved one person from navigating through Verizon's craptacular IVR system! :D

6. maximus20895

maximus20895 Member

Indeed! I was wondering why Pandora took so long to load!

7. thornev

thornev Android Enthusiast

I say we cut VZW a little slack as a thanks for being the 1st wireless provider of nationwide 4GLTE network. They're pioneering the way. There's bound to be a few hiccups.

8. boatingal

boatingal Lurker

I still had no 4g tonight until I restarted my phone. Once restarted it came back.

9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Sigh...another 4G network problem in Dallas TX....so much for the "most reliable network"....

10. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member

I'm having data issues also. 3&4g. Chicago.

11. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast

Looks like it's suddenly a slow 1x day here too. it happened in the last hour. I was in line here at xxxxx (my fav coffee place:)) a minute ago and the guy in front of me was playing with a new gnex. He opened a browser that said cannot locate page!! (no signal for him). I have 1x and quickly could get to this site right after I saw his screen/message (using cellular fulltime and not wi-fi now). bye.

12. mountainlover

mountainlover Android Enthusiast

Same here in NC. :(

13. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Upgraded (understatement) from the charge today and didnt notice until after i paid. This thing will not stay on 3g worth a shit!

14. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

I would most likely blame it on Verizon and not the phone at this point. Apparently, Verizon is having issues.

15. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Im blaming both. I can't say for sure my charge was getting 4g but it was definately getting steady data from San Diego to L.A. (where I purchased this) on my drive this morning/afternoon. On the way back to S.D. this thing was bouncing in and out between 3g and 1x.

16. scooby8611

scooby8611 Newbie

I just got my Rezound in the mail today. It has been activating for 2 hrs...lol. I called verizon and they pretty much told me that I am screwed until their 4g outage is taken care of.

I guess I will just wait patiently.

17. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

If you dial *611 from your phone, Verizon is SOMETIMES good about posting a recording that they're aware of an outage in your area. You'd think that a communications company would have a solid way of COMMUNICATING to its customers if it is experiencing network issues....

18. scooby8611

scooby8611 Newbie

yeah, but verizon pretty much sucks. I am with them because of their coverage...their prices are ridiculous and their customer service typically sucks. I wish Tmobile or Sprint had better coverage in my area.

19. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I'd love for Metro PCS to have great 4G coverage. $40 a month unlimited and $100 for 4 people unlimited?!?! Would be awesome if they had better coverage.

And I agree about the crappy customer service. When I called tech support today before I found out there was a nationwide outage, when I got through I heard some screaming in the background with a "south-central chicken-head" flavor to it. I recall, "UH HUH, I doin' technical support" being screamed out in less than perfect English.

20. tolas

tolas Newbie

I was unable to get 3g or 4g in Denver, CO today. I was surprised that the HTC was able to pull data down over 1x. Is that an HTC only thing?

21. Really?! Just got my rezound today after waiting for what seemed like so long (actually just a few days) and now i cant even get it to activate. the phone looks so nice...thats about all I can say since its not active.

I just wish 4g was more reliable on verizon.

Its just not fair.

22. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I think 1X is standard for all Verizon phones. What someone should do now is attempt to pull data and make a voice call at the same time to see how it responds...

23. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member

I think it's really corny that you can only activate a 4G phone with a 4G signal. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of dialing *228 and pressing 2?

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews