• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] roll back from CM 10.1 to CM 10 - Problem

Installed cm-10.1-20121218-EXPERIMENTAL-toro.zip this a.m. and received error message about clock app not working. Several other apps were not working as well. Thinking that there might be something wrong with the install, I attempted to re-install the previous nightly that I had been using: cm-10-20121213-NIGHTLY-toro.zip.

Now phone boot process gets to the CyanogenMod spinning wheel and hangs.

I'm guessing that my inability to boot the 12/13 nightly has to do with the file structure re-arranging that 10.1 implements. And 10.1 no longer will boot because I've re-installed 10.

I am able to ADB to the phone. Any suggestions about how to either get 10.1 or 10 back up and running by moving folders or files around to the correct locations?

CM warned about clock, but not in the experimental release notes. I did not see until afterwards. I'm using clockwork, but I cannot boot into it, the result, I assume, of the file directory re-arrangement caused by 10.1.

What I'd like to know is what files to move to what location (which I can accomplish with ADB), so that the boot process will get me to any of the following: clockword recovery, CM 10 or CM 10.1

Upvote 0
CM warned about clock, but not in the experimental release notes. I did not see until afterwards. I'm using clockwork, but I cannot boot into it, the result, I assume, of the file directory re-arrangement caused by 10.1.

What I'd like to know is what files to move to what location (which I can accomplish with ADB), so that the boot process will get me to any of the following: clockword recovery, CM 10 or CM 10.1

What happens when you try to boot into recovery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones