• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Tell us about the hotel Stay? :eek:

Its for scrapbooking. 84 women, supplies, glitter, alcohol. Friday to Sunday. :)
[Hide]
0w3WD.jpg
[/spoiler]

Upvote 0
It gets named like that when you hit download and it fails and then you try again

That's what I thought, too...but then I felt confused because of course, I had already downloaded it successfully and installed it!

It's a mystery that will never be solved, I guess, because it has stopped doing it and everything is back to normal. I'm getting great battery life the last couple of days, but no screenshots to show for it yet, as I keep flashing stuff. Maybe I can get one tomorrow.

Reactions: jbdan and BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Yay! HooRay, Inverted Email! I just flashed a Black Email App from
travp624.

It did not list AOKP as a compatible but says should work on all 4.0.3 ROMS.

I tried the ole move the apk over and no go it has to be flashed. I nandroided and flashed.

It first said stopped working but it took the 2nd tap.

I had to reload all my account info's but like the blackness.

The email messages are still black on white.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Vividis - I like the name.

I'm now on 21 with Sonny's Onyx. Franco 13.1 UV 920 Max and 350 Min.

BB, what other settings are you running? Undervolting? Hotplug? governor? I can't get anything over 4 hours of screen time and I'm running a very similar setup (black and cyan theme instead of onyx). I'm gonna try using interactive governor with hotplug and 50mv undervolt.

Upvote 0
BB, what other settings are you running? Undervolting? Hotplug? governor? I can't get anything over 4 hours of screen time and I'm running a very similar setup (black and cyan theme instead of onyx). I'm gonna try using interactive governor with hotplug and 50mv undervolt.

I'm using Franco 13.1. Conservative. 350 MHz min and 920 MHz maz. Onyx theme. What other settings do you want to know?

Reactions: mistermojorizi
Upvote 0
travp624.

I tried the ole move the apk over and no go it has to be flashed. I nandroided and flashed.

You ROCK!!!!! Not only did you make my day, you satisfied my need to flash something lol. I flashed the all inverted Gapps .zip and they're awesome. The only other thing I did was reflash tgwaste's MMS because it has blue text and blue notifications. (Link to his page in the OP mods section)

Upvote 0
travp624.

it's been tested on AOKP (at least the all-in-one zip, which I'm using & LOVE!)
Download Link All Apps in One Zip
InvertedGapps403.zip Updated 1-29
(should work on all rom but only tested on AOKP and Tranquilice)

Upvote 0
I'm using Franco 13.1. Conservative. 350 MHz min and 920 MHz maz. Onyx theme. What other settings do you want to know?

Today is my first true day of testing. I am not running a theme as I love ICS blue but a lot of apps have been changed to dark themes from within the app itself. I expect to get close to your results though. After a few days with these settings I may try it with hot plug enabled for potentially better sleep times!

Thanks for the help BeeBs!

Are you liking this ^ nickname?

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Today is my first true day of testing. I am not running a theme as I love ICS blue but a lot of apps have been changed to dark themes from within the app itself. I expect to get close to your results though. After a few days with these settings I may try it with hot plug enabled for potentially better sleep times!

Thanks for the help BeeBs!

Are you liking this ^ nickname?

Just remember on the numbers I had over the weekend it was almost all Wi-Fi and medium use. I'm back at work today and figure it will get put to the test. Good luck!
I'm ok with the nickname. It makes me want to wear more yellow. Lol. :D

Upvote 0
Really enjoying B21. Although I use a plain black background, the navbar transparency brightens up the navbar icons nicely. Matches perfectly with Lucid to finish off my black/white theme.

Still running Lean 1.6.6 exp3 at 230/920 and loving it. Took the phone off the charger Saturday morning and didn't need to plug it back in until Sunday night :D

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
No. Jbdan didn't tell me to and he is my kernel guide. :D

I honestly don't even know what hotplug is :eek:

hehe! My layman understanding: Hotplugging the CPU will disable one of the cores when your screen turns off and re-enable it upon the screen turing on. The HotPlug governor is what it is derived from, but people like franco and imoseyon have integrated the feature and have made it available for any governor used. It can decrease battery drain while screen is off.

I've had various results using it. If you are a heavy user this wouldn't affect you much. If you're a light user who uses your phone sporadically this might be worth it. Some phones experience a slight lag waking the phone with hotplugging enabled or when using the hotplug governor. The hotplug governer is still not 100% stable imo. Hotplugging another governor seems to be more stable, but like I said you may experience some "wake-up" lag.

If you want to try it BB's look at the OP in the franco kernel thread. If you like it so much that you want to continue to use it fellow member and scholar mistermojorizi posted how to use an init.d script which will force hotplugging upon each reboot without having to purchase a app or enter commands manually to enable/disable hotplugging. The init.d script has an advantage as it will load the hotplugging feature while the phone is booting, instead of "after" the phone has booted when enabling it manually. Near the end of that thread. (Thx mister btw)

Hope this wasn't too confusing. I confuse myself often! :p

:D

3 cheers for jbdan!

Too kind thx ;) I'm just the minion whos tried to make a one-stop-shopping-eStore for Romans work and all the great people who spend their time making mods for our phones! :D

Upvote 0
right now I'm running aokpb21 and the transparent nav. mod. A few days ago I was having issues getting rid of the opacity in the dock... now that's gone but the navigation bar is back to 20%... what give? Why can't I get both to be fully transparent.

I haven't tried any of the transparent mods. Are there many/any other people experiencing this in those threads @ the rootz?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones