• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

My first 24hrs with AOKP M3 & Franco 13.1

screenshot2012020220333.png

screenshot2012020220330.png

Ran it dead, and is currently recharging.

Is cpu spy built in? Is this extended battery? Is M 3 build 21, toro?

Upvote 0
Wondering if anyone else is using Profile Manager and having a similar problem.

My setup: Dirty flashed M3 over 21, added psyntyst's psynshift and jackstraw's transparant mods, and got rid of the unicorn boot screen.

I noticed that my phone was spending a lot of time awake when the screen wasn't on. I think I finally figured it out last night when it Settings Profile kept rapidly switching between my "Home" profile and my "Generic" profile.

"Generic" was set to kick in when no other profile was active, as well as the default profile. I tried making it lowest priority, with no luck. I force-closed the app a few times, and same thing. I changed the "Home" profile to default, and that temporarily solved the problem. When I switched it to "Bedtime," however, I think the same rapid switching occurred from looking at the awake time, as well as the fact it was on "Home" when I woke up.

Anyone with similar problems? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Addendum: Damn it, just double checked and there's still a lot of awake time while I wasn't doing anything, with Settings Profile disabled. So it looks like two different issues.

Upvote 0
Anyone have any issues with google talk for some reason I cannot log into the application the whole thing is greyed out

No sir. My suggestion though is if you have a TiBu of it to restore it. I haven't had issues on this ROM but with others, that Gapps just don't work or aren't there. Restore fixes instantly IF THEY ARE 4.0.3 GAPPS. DON'T RESTORE 4.0.2 OR 4.0.1 GAPPS

Upvote 0
Does anybody else find it bothersome that you can't set SMS/Messaging as a target app on the lockscreen? I mean, you can do it using the Custom App option, but then you get the stock, green icon. I had to go flash plain milestone 3 to satisfy my OCD.

I got go sms on my home screen with no problems

You have to set it then pick applications then just pick the one you use

Upvote 0
Sadly, my phone is currently rebooting from nandroiding back to build 21. There are features I really love in M3, but with an ongoing Google Wallet problem, and unexplained battery drain over the last couple of days, I can't stay on it. I unplugged my phone about 10 this morning, and barely even touched it today. Screen on time was something like 15 minutes, and I was at 73% at 6 pm. I rebooted it, went out to run a quick errand or two, and when I looked at CPU Spy (without having done ANYTHING since reboot), it had been running at 700mHz 90% of the time since reboot (about half an hour).

Upvote 0
Wondering if anyone else is using Profile Manager and having a similar problem.

My setup: Dirty flashed M3 over 21, added psyntyst's psynshift and jackstraw's transparant mods, and got rid of the unicorn boot screen.

I noticed that my phone was spending a lot of time awake when the screen wasn't on. I think I finally figured it out last night when it Settings Profile kept rapidly switching between my "Home" profile and my "Generic" profile.

"Generic" was set to kick in when no other profile was active, as well as the default profile. I tried making it lowest priority, with no luck. I force-closed the app a few times, and same thing. I changed the "Home" profile to default, and that temporarily solved the problem. When I switched it to "Bedtime," however, I think the same rapid switching occurred from looking at the awake time, as well as the fact it was on "Home" when I woke up.

Anyone with similar problems? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Addendum: Damn it, just double checked and there's still a lot of awake time while I wasn't doing anything, with Settings Profile disabled. So it looks like two different issues.

A bump for you...I've never used profiles. Couldn't you accomplish the same thing with NFC although you would have to get the tags?

Anyone have any issues with google talk for some reason I cannot log into the application the whole thing is greyed out

Mine is solid on M3

Jb I suggest adding this to the OP....

[Feb 1][AOKP_M3][Themed Soft-keys][Walls][MORE] - RootzWiki I'm so tempted to flash the keys that glow and say AOKP but I know I wouldn't like it lol...but someone else might want them

Will do tonight thx for that Patriot! ;)

Does anybody else find it bothersome that you can't set SMS/Messaging as a target app on the lockscreen? I mean, you can do it using the Custom App option, but then you get the stock, green icon. I had to go flash plain milestone 3 to satisfy my OCD.

Yeah kinda sux, but about the only thing about M3 that does. I just use the app SMS Popup really makes it convenient.

Sadly, my phone is currently rebooting from nandroiding back to build 21. There are features I really love in M3, but with an ongoing Google Wallet problem, and unexplained battery drain over the last couple of days, I can't stay on it. I unplugged my phone about 10 this morning, and barely even touched it today. Screen on time was something like 15 minutes, and I was at 73% at 6 pm. I rebooted it, went out to run a quick errand or two, and when I looked at CPU Spy (without having done ANYTHING since reboot), it had been running at 700mHz 90% of the time since reboot (about half an hour).

M3 has been stellar for me on franco 13.1. So odd how everyones scenario and phone reacts differently with unexplained battery drain. I have to believe is an app and the way it reacts with a particular setup. Build21 ain't shabby though.

I've noticed the less I monitor my battery and what it is doing the longer my phone lasts :D

And BB's you've outdone yourself I love the papers thx for the time put into them...WOW! I'll grab some sure will :)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
This will probably sound very noob for a lot of people here, I pretty much am a noob in the ROM/kernel game. I am running AOKP Maguro M3 with franco 15.2 and I have seem to of lost that little X that clears all notifications. Its just a small annoyance just wondering how to get it back?

Cheers!!!

Welcome here! You could just re-flash the ROM. First wipe dalvik cache and cache partition then flash. You will lose any mods and custom kernel you flashed though, but you can flash those afterwards. You won't lose any settings, sms, or apps though. Otherwise you might need to to a complete wipe and re-install. Did you happen to notice if you lost the "x" after any mod or kernel? If you made a backup before flashing any 2 of those then you could restore.

Upvote 0
Thanks jbdan! Re-flash was a negative ill try a factory wipe hopefully it will fix it. Im not sure whether the clear notifications X was there to begin with anyway?

The "X" is there for me directly under where the battery lies. Weird something small like that would disappear....

What (UI/framework) mods have you flashed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones