• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Liquid Smooth - Jelly Bean 2.0 [Beta 2] (8/13/12)

TheRoosevelt

Android Expert
Oct 11, 2011
USA

LiquidSmooth - JB v2.0 (Beta 2)
Liquid now in Jelly Bean Flavours
Now pre-loaded with the latest Imoseyon Lean kernel
Public Beta for the first time with Jelly Bean!

Features

Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly GUI
Imoseyon Lean kernel v4.2.0 Exp#3 as our default kernel!
Now Includes 5 Lock screen targets
Center Clock & Status bar Mods
Customizable Battery Icons & Navbar
PropModder, convenient way to edit build.prop
Native Over clocking/Performance Options
Weather and Calendar on Lock screen
Super SU installed by default
Notification Drawer Power widget
Notification Count in Status Bar
Open Recovery Support
And Much Much More!

==========================================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid Jelly Bean is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only Liquid Smooth could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the Toro / Maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootz wiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to!

Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as Beta 3 is in the works...

You can talk to the devs @ irc.freenode.net #liquids channel.

==========================================================================================================
Screenshots

[url="http://bit.ly/MYKFqp"]Here is the link to the new Liquid Wallpapers Pack[/url]
Nova Prime was used for a home launcher replacement in the Screenshots found here!

3 Chromes Rings clock widget is on the right is here

The Ultimate Clock Skin on the left is here

If you would like the one I personally set up in the screen shot, you can get that here!
Note: you will need the Ultimate Clock Widget itself from here!

Downloads

Liquid JB v2.0 Beta 2 (TORO)
SIZE: 87.5 MB
MD5: d6359b155f0dace0d7562b8fa463f3a3
MAINDL: http://bit.ly/PRiHNm
liquid.toro.081312.115402

GAPPS NOT INCLUDED!

Formula84 Liquid JB GAPPS

Choose BASE or TRIM, NOT BOTH!
MAINDL:
Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Please be sure to check out our live dynamic change log built into the ROM!

HUGE shout out to thank CyanogenMod & The Muppet

Just a heads up, people were experiencing issues when dirty wiped so clean is recommended

Clean installs are all I ever do, I don't care if they say you can dirty flash it. It's too easy to restore data with Titanium Backup, so I don't mind doing it. The only thing I wish it did correctly was set all my custom tones up properly when I restore my apps. I have to go back through them all and set my ring/notification tones back up again.

Edit: Seems good so far. I had to reboot the phone to get my custom navbar height/width to show. But I can't get the custom color to stick to it even after rebooting.. :thinking:.

Upvote 0
So as excited as I was for beta, I think I'm gonna stick with alpha for now. Just wasn't very impressed and I need my phone to work for the next few days because of work, so I'll stay with what's stable for me. I liked how the settings were laid out in beta but I still miss navbar button colors. For now though I'm back on my alpha6 nandroid

Upvote 0
Clean installs are all I ever do, I don't care if they say you can dirty flash it. It's too easy to restore data with Titanium Backup, so I don't mind doing it. The only thing I wish it did correctly was set all my custom tones up properly when I restore my apps. I have to go back through them all and set my ring/notification tones back up again.

Edit: Seems good so far. I had to reboot the phone to get my custom navbar height/width to show. But I can't get the custom color to stick to it even after rebooting.. :thinking:.

The devs said that a reboot is necessary for navbar size changes now, just because that's how things are in Jellybean. Kind of a pain, but I'll live with it. I'm sure if there's a solution, Liquid will find it ;)

As for the navbar colors, that's a known issue and will be fixed in the next build.

So as excited as I was for beta, I think I'm gonna stick with alpha for now. Just wasn't very impressed and I need my phone to work for the next few days because of work, so I'll stay with what's stable for me. I liked how the settings were laid out in beta but I still miss navbar button colors. For now though I'm back on my alpha6 nandroid

What sort of problems have you been having? For me, beta 1 has been every bit as stable as the alpha. Hmm.

Can you use the back up and restore feature of liquid settings from ICS to JB?

I doubt it. The settings between the ICS and JB versions are different. You could always try and see what happens though. Most likely it'll just not work.

Reactions: jester6x
Upvote 0
What sort of problems have you been having? For me, beta 1 has been every bit as stable as the alpha. Hmm.

Let me rephrase that. It was stable for me, but I needed a lot of the apps and my apps weren't re-syncing on beta. Not a problem with LiquidSmooth as I'll be back sooner rather than later. But didn't find anything new with the beta release in terms of features.

EDIT: Just flashed beta and installed my apps one by one through TiBu. After all the flashing and installing, my battery took a serious hit so it's on the charger now =)

Upvote 0
Let me rephrase that. It was stable for me, but I needed a lot of the apps and my apps weren't re-syncing on beta. Not a problem with LiquidSmooth as I'll be back sooner rather than later. But didn't find anything new with the beta release in terms of features.

EDIT: Just flashed beta and installed my apps one by one through TiBu. After all the flashing and installing, my battery took a serious hit so it's on the charger now =)

Yup, flashing anything usually loses me 20 or 30% battery level :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to take the plunge :D I've been on it all day and have been nothing but pleased.

Upvote 0
Light flow works most of the times. Seems lime maybe twice a day I have to restart it but for the most part light flow is doing fine. The ROM setting g for the notification light seems to not work at all for me. If I remove light flow the in ROM settings still don't work for any notifications I get. Whether it be twitter Facebook messages or emails. None seem to make the light blink unless I use light flow.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that when navigating the lady no longer says the street names. Also on the lock screen the music controls are half way cut off. I figure these will be worked out though since we are in beta.

This is the solution that was posted in the old thread:

Fix for Google Street Names:
http://db.tt/27xKN7y1

1. Insert this apk file into (System/App)

2. Change permissions to:
Owner- read, write, execute
Group- read, write, execute
Others- read

3. Reboot & profit

*now your navigation should speak the street names

Upvote 0
Ummm yeah I am not that good to fix the street names. I will wait to see if liquid fixes them. Also does Google wallet work on rooted devices? Just curious.

Its a simple fix and well worth it. You could always make a nandroid before you take the plunge. Good luck to ya

Also, if you learn the apk thing you could install themed mms gmail calendars etc or similarly use an app like zedge to get custom sounds and replace the stock system ui sounds such as low battery, unlock, etc

Upvote 0
This rom (beta 1) is running excellent for me. My only issue is the lock screen music player is cut in half and it looks ugly. I hope there's a fix for it soon. Other than that everything works. The built in led controls are great and ive since deleted light flow to save a bit of space. Just dont set the kernel speed to powersave or it will make your phone slow as hell.

Btw, in my signature there are some nice mods for this rom including a couple of willyjays work. An all in one: center clock lock screen, brighter notifications and zenith keys (white or blue) OR stock reflective keys.

Upvote 0
++Tip 1++
zedge>notifications

Try "halo 3 respawn" as your Unlock.ogg

Try "halo shield-charge" as LowBattery.ogg

Try "s3 unlock" as your Lock.ogg

++Tip 2++
From the google play store, download an app called "teslaLED". Then go into your liquid rom settings (aka birdsnest) and set up your 'recents' softkey to fire up the torch with a long press. I find this extremely useful, having easy access to a flashlight, since theres no native torch option available yet in the drop down menu toggles.

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones