• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

are flashing the radios pete posted i got terrible reception at my job and was actually losing 4G where on the original J030 i was having it, so i just reflashed those. is anyone else having radio issues with the VZW offical radios posted by pete?

No actually the exact opposite. My signal has been flawless with the new radios. with the old radios I would drop signal every 15 mins

Upvote 0
I don't believe that the new radios are baked into the ROM. I haven't installed it yet myself though. Peter tweeted the following last night: Peter Alfonso @peteralfonso Native emoji support, HSPA+ improvements, and AVRCP 1.3 bluetooth enhancements added. Enjoy! Going back in hiding...lol

Any one try out the AVRCP 1.3 bluetooth enhancements? Are they working pretty well?

The newest ilt posted up late last night 9-27....he also uploaded the newest radios if you dont have them already

Toro - Downloads

Any update on the new nightly?

Upvote 0
Need a little expert help. My flash of the 10-10 Bugless failed with the following message:

symlink: some symlinks failed
E: Error in /sdcard/pete_toro_ota_2012-10-10.zip
(status 7)
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/pete_toro_ota_2012_10_10.zip

I'm coming from the previous Bugless version. I'm using TWRP 2.3.0.0 - just updated to the new version prior to the flash. I downloaded the zip from Pete's site, verified the MD5 sum, wiped cache and dalvik then flashed same as always.

After I got the error above, I wiped cache and dalvik again and tried the flash again but got the same results.

My phone is currently sitting at the TWRP home screen and I'm not sure what to do next. Should I just boot back into system? Or should I flash my backup. If I flash my backup, I assume I need to do a complete wipe - cache, dalvik and system?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones