• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

For anyone that's interested... just read on Pete's twitter... If you're coming from the first build to the second, there's no need to wipe.

Also, anyone know of any good, compatible Mods? 1% battery, fast glow, custom color nav buttons, 4 way boot, etc?

1% battery mod works great on my phone

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28660-mod-411-jelly-bean-circle-battery-mod/

Upvote 0
A quick google search resulted in this in 0.9263584 seconds :D

Thanks wise guy :D haha I actually already saw that thread earlier but it didn't have much that interested me. (I used to want a search button until JB's "flick from home") and I like the 1% battery image better than the circle. But I'll keep my eyes on that thread, thanks. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Thanks wise guy :D haha I actually already saw that thread earlier but it didn't have much that interested me. (I used to want a search button until JB's "flick from home") and I like the 1% battery image better than the circle. But I'll keep my eyes on that thread, thanks. :)

lol :D. Pete has a loyal following. I'm sure, if not by now, someone will have a good battery mod for you. I think the users name is willyjay (who has been making mods for jelly belly) was/is an avid BB user for quite a while. I'd be willing to bet (with some testing of course and some backups before testing) that his mods he has posted would work for BB. I know, it takes some time making backups just to flash a battery mod, but it might be worth your while. If it works, just think how many people you might be able to help who want that mod!

Upvote 0
You don't have to repeatedly push the volume rocker up and down....well, actually you kind of do, but there is a correct way/method to doing this. It is a feature of enabling/disabling the "go back" button in CWM 5.5.0.4 (the worst cwm edition ever conceived btw because of it's erratic behavior)

What happens is when you scroll down past the last entry the highlight pops up at the top right? Okay, now scroll up so the highlight appears at the bottom...with me? Now scroll dwon so it pops back up to the top. You've just either enabled or disabled the "GO Back" menu choice that will appear at the bottom depending on whether it is enabled or not. I highly advise those using 5.5.0.4 to upgrade to 5.8.0.2 touch version of CWM. Hope this helps ;)

the easiest way to upgrade is?

Upvote 0
If you want CWM then through rom manager is how I'd do it.

TWRP then you go here. That is a fastboot flash image let me see if I can find the flashable version I saw on teh forum the other day. brb

Hey sessman...following up on my prior post to you. Easiest way to get TWRP (if you want to use it instead of CWM) if your not comfortable using fastboot is to go here and read that post. gl! :)

Upvote 0
Alright so I just put this ROM through a pretty thorough test, and first thing I noticed was my battery life was horrendous. I'm not sure if it was BB itself, JB itself, or the fact that I was just playing on the phone a lot, I only got a tick over 5 hours on the battery. It was all 4G with some GPS navigation mixed in, but I only really got 1.75 hours of screen time. The majority of the time was browsing the Phandroid app, Facebook, some navigation, a quick phone call, and texting (car was in the shop so had some time to kill :D ).

Screenshot_2012-07-12-14-11-04.png

Screenshot_2012-07-12-14-11-11.png

Other than that, Bugless runs just as the name suggests, Bugless and Beastly. Not once did it lag. Not once did anything force close. Not one did it reboot. This JellyBean at its finest and I can't imagine going back to ICS now. Kudos to Pete on this one as he's outdone himself here. I'm chalking the battery up to an heavy 4G usage, so I'm sticking with this for a long time.

EDIT 1: Also forgot to mention that WiFi tether worked great and GPS locked on faster than it did in ICS. If anyone's got any questions, I'll do my best to answer them =)

Upvote 0
So I installed goo manager then what?

Posted from that same forum linked I linked to you :)

It is a custom recovery not an app to replace it
I like it a TON better than cwm and cwm touch, this one is also touch based.
This one makes and restored backups in half the time it takes for cwm to do it. Which is what I mainly use recovery for lol
I've never had ANY issues ever with this recovery for what I've done with it
Easiest way to install it is get the app goo manager beta and press menu then choose install open recovery scripts and let it do its thing.
(You cannot restore backups u made with cwm using this recovery, if u want to restore those backup files you will need to flash cwm again just FYI)
I HIGHLY recommend this recovery to anyone :D

Upvote 0
Thanks was thinking of trying Pete's rom. Had a few issues with Jelly Belly 3.3 and also kejar's rom. So restored back to ICS.

Now its a toss up between Jelly Belly 3.4 and BB.

Thanks for the feeback!

Cheers!

I would highly recommend Bugless. With all due credit towards jakeday and his ability to keep putting out quality builds, I had noticed that there was always at least one bug in each of his releases. With Bugless, I've been using it for about 18 hours now and haven't seen anything wrong with it.

Upvote 0
What do you all think about the new Google Music app? I don't know that I care for it. Instead of just playing an album, it adds it to an ever expanding que. and secondly, you used to be able to click the album playing and pull up artist, album, genre and more information. From there you could click the artist name to go straight into a listing of all the music you have of theirs. Or genre, etc. With this release all that functionality is gone. Frankly I hate that.
*Positives* Instant mix and equalizer. But I'm still not happy about the stuff they removed.

What do you all think?

Reactions: krouget and bd177
Upvote 0
7/13 build is up! I'm nandroiding as we speak =)

From Pete's Twitter:

"Faster boot times, upgraded YouTube, Wi-Fi fix, build date in about phone, and removal of system update category are some of the changes
Oh, also now offline speech recognition package is included in the ROM out of the box, no need to download it."

EDIT 1: So it's been about 30 minutes since I flashed the 7/13 build and I'm pretty tired, but my boot up time is definitely faster. Also on my 7/12 build, the Google Voice Search wasn't working, but it is now. Pretty nifty =). For what it's worth, on the 7/12 build, my Deep Sleep was pretty steady around ~75% but first Deep Sleep test and it's at 88% on a 9 minute test. This ROMs just getting better and better. Pete's saying next priorities he'll try to include the extended power menu and custom kernel. Yay for excitement =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones